oneBoro Forum

The oneBoro Player Ratings/MOTM Thread 2016/17

People love to go to extremes though - look at any review site, e.g. reviews on Amazon off the top of my head, and the vast majority of scores will be 5 stars or 1 star for any one thing. The critical thinking skills of the average muppet out there are dire.

Brunners is going to go mental :D

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Stuani was poor. He sold Nsue short a few times, crossing was poor and he tried to side foot a shot from an angle that was screaming out for him to put his laces through it

I'm surprised Ayala scored so high. He was massively off the pace for the first 30 mins.

I think it's an overreaction to say he was massively off the pace first 30 mins. He made a rash challenge a minute in and missed timed a ball from a corner 5 mins later but that was probably about it as far as being off the pace went. He was excellent from there on out for me.

He seemed that he was panicked for much of the first 30 mins not the controlled rock he usually is. I remember looking at my watch hoping it was closer to half time. I'll give you that 2nd half he was much better. But certainly not the second best Boro player on the pitch in my view

People love to go to extremes though - look at any review site, e.g. reviews on Amazon off the top of my head, and the vast majority of scores will be 5 stars or 1 star for any one thing. The critical thinking skills of the average muppet out there are dire.

Brunners is going to go mental :D

Or my version of a 1 is just different and sometimes they're justified :D

If you saw my ratings you'd see very very rarely do they get lower than a 4, I just really, really thought Albert was awful.

Like, genuinely detrimental to the team; I stand by my 1 and don't dish them out lightly. 

I dish higher numbers out a bit easier, given a few 9s already this year.

I must say I wasn't aiming at anyone in particular! :D

So by definition you must be an above average muppet

We're all muppets to a certain degree... :angel: But obviously everyone is a little bit more of a muppet than me

Unless someone has an absolute stinker or scores 10 then to me the spread should be between 4 -9 it's not important what the actual scores are aslong as they are subjective, I try to give an average score for how we've played 5-6-7 and then decide if anyone deserves higher or lower from that average, makes my scoring easier to evaluate, ie if we're ***e scores tend to be 4-5-6 if we're awesome 7-8-9

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty average across the board from me. Think Ayala, Downing and Negredo got the best ratings out of the starting 11 with 7s (wasn't sure about Negredo because he didn't do much, it really wasn't his fault though, Ayala only sneaked a 7 for the goal).

Everyone else in the 11 got a 6 except Friend and Fischer who got a 5 each.

Think Ramirez was my highest with an 8.