• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he was good second half, but yeah, was culpable for at least the first goal.

I actually thought he was decent first half but bad in the second. Was constantly caught out of position, diving into tackles, got done for pace multiple times.

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2016/middlesbrough-fc-bernardo-espinosa-west-ham-united-3535337.aspx

Bernardo was given MOTM by BBC Tees? Seems surprising. He was at fault for the first goal for sure and from what little I got to see of the game, he didn't look at all comfortable.

Maddo gave it to Traore, for some reason the pitchside fella decided to tell Bernardo he got it so they just went with that.

At fault for the first goal and his reading of the game was poor. Passing was abysmal too. One point in the first half he tried a long pass and skewed it along the deck about 20 yards in the opposite direction.

http://www.mfc.co.uk/news/article/2016/middlesbrough-fc-bernardo-espinosa-west-ham-united-3535337.aspx

Bernardo was given MOTM by BBC Tees? Seems surprising. He was at fault for the first goal for sure and from what little I got to see of the game, he didn't look at all comfortable.

Maddo gave it to Traore, for some reason the pitchside fella decided to tell Bernardo he got it so they just went with that.

Probably wasn't able to catch Traore!

At fault for the first goal and his reading of the game was poor. Passing was abysmal too. One point in the first half he tried a long pass and skewed it along the deck about 20 yards in the opposite direction.

Stuani did something similar and he's meant to be an attacker! He tried a crossfield ball and I think it was one of the worst passes I've ever seen! His finish was lovely though so I'll forgive him

Valdes 7 – Kept us in the game at time with some fine saves. Distribution was good. Really does not like playing the short ball to Clayton when he presents himself.

Barragan 5 – Looked very rusty and laboured. Understandable but had a tough time against the excellent Phillips.

Fabio 6 – Not the best game he’s had but still supported Stuani and then Traore well.

Gibson 6 – Usual dependable game. Needed him to carry to ball out of defence more than he did as WBA dropped men behind the ball.

Espinosa 5 – Caught on the wrong side and out of position far too often. Bullied in the air and distribution was poor.

Clayton 7 – Tidy game from Clayton. Broke up play well and kept the ball moving in difficult tight circumstances.

De Roon 6 – Energetic but sloppy. Forced the opposition into a few mistakes but his distribution wasn’t good enough.

Forshaw 6 – Didn’t have the impact that we needed from the “creative” centre midfielder. Thought Downing would’ve had more impact personally.

Traore 8 – Constant danger and our only real outlet. Crossing is improving but he still needs to learn when to release the ball.

Stuani 5 – Missed a couple of chances and didn’t contribute anything going forward.

Negredo 7 – Could easily have been an 8. Worked hard and linked up well. Was desperate for a bit of support which never came.

Bamford 5 – Made zero impact.

Karanka 5 – Could very easily have lost this game. Again and in my opinion only I thought the team selection was wrong. Downing can count himself very unlucky. Again we didn’t take the initiative to go and win the game. We really REALLY need to start picking up 3 points soon.

Think I agree with more or less everything there Humpty. I too wanted Downing on for Forshaw as I don't really think Forshaw contributes with anything of note. At least it would have given us better set piece distribution and perhaps a shot or two from outside the area. And if we don't try to utilise Stuanis attribut which is strenght in the area I see no use of starting. I'd much rather have started anyone of Bamford, Downing or even Fischer on the left. They are a lot more comfortable on the ball.

Valdes 7 - Some smart saves

Barragan 6 - Bit Jekyll and Hyde, does something good then messes up minutes later

Espinosa 5 - Poor game, gives daft fouls away

Gibson 6 - Okay, kept shanking his clearances up in the air

Fabio 6 - Not bad, wish he'd cross more

Clayton 7 - Tidy and full of running

Forshaw 4 - Really quite poor.

De Roon 5 - Let the game pass him by a bit

Stuani 6 - Ineffective but made some decent runs

Negredo 7 - Does what Negredo does

Traore 8 - A real shame we couldn't make his influence pay off

Bamford 5 - Very rusty

Gestede - n/a