oneBoro Forum

Match of the day

Also after watching the highlights again I think that Clayton has to shoulder the blame for the goal - it's a ridiculous tackle to make, I didn't realise watching it originally that it was quite that unnecessary.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

We've waited 7 years for them to mention us for about 20 seconds, Ian Wright was praising Gaston and Gary hurried him up. Ducking big eared FA Cup. Bring back Hansen.

Also after watching the highlights again I think that Clayton has to shoulder the blame for the goal - it's a ridiculous tackle to make, I didn't realise watching it originally that it was quite that unnecessary.

I agree a totally unnecessary challenge by Clayton, all Stoke's attackers were covered and he just barged into him for no apparent reason, he is going to have to learn to control that part of his game or he will get continually punished at this level.

I agree a totally unnecessary challenge by Clayton, all Stoke's attackers were covered and he just barged into him for no apparent reason, he is going to have to learn to control that part of his game or he will get continually punished at this level.

Still an extraordinarily long advantage to play.

I agree a totally unnecessary challenge by Clayton, all Stoke's attackers were covered  and he just barged into him for no apparent reason, he is going to have to learn to control that part of his game or he will get continually punished at this level.

Once again I agree but then again he made some odd decisions all afternoon, but are these 'advantages' and yellows for dissent part of the new referees guidelines this season?

I'm ok with advantages being played for longer, they are often too short in my opinion, but my biggest issue as always is consistency so I'll be interested to see if this is an across the board change or just Kevin Friend being Kevin Friend.

...and they didn't even show de Roon getting injured and subbed off in the match highlights leaving you wondering how Forshaw's on the pitch.

I don't think continuity is a football fan's main consideration when watching MOTD :D "but where did this character come from?! What's his back story?!"

• Like 1

...and they didn't even show de Roon getting injured and subbed off in the match highlights leaving you wondering how Forshaw's on the pitch.

I don't think continuity is a football fan's main consideration when watching MOTD :D "but where did this character come from?! What's his back story?!"

I've just clambered out of bed and turned on my macbook to rate this comment, sensational.

I agree a totally unnecessary challenge by Clayton, all Stoke's attackers were covered  and he just barged into him for no apparent reason, he is going to have to learn to control that part of his game or he will get continually punished at this level.

Once again I agree but then again he made some odd decisions all afternoon, but are these 'advantages' and yellows for dissent part of the new referees guidelines this season?

silly foul and very long advantage - I'd forgotten about the rule changes, I know in rugby the advantage can go on for some time and play is only pulled back if no advantage is gained. do we have anyone who is up to date on the new rulings?

It was a poor representation compared to the other games.

I'm not sure what the Burnley and Palace games had that ours didn't and we got a point on our return to the top flight. Burnley is nearer to Salford, so maybe that's why.

Ian Wright tried to get in a bit about Gaston Ramirez but was quickly moved on.

Always a problem with MOTD though - I recall a few years ago when we played Liverpool away , we lost 1-2 but didn't deserve too, even Sky agreed (it was live on Sky) Mido scored and they scored two very late goals.

Gerrard was guff but MOTD showed all the Liverpool attacks and about two of Boro's (I think we hit the post or there was a great save from their keeper) and they didn't show it. They highlighted Gerrard as the main man for Liverpool despite Sky during their live coverage saying he was having a bad day as would anyone watching that day.

Goals on Sunday is so much better and balanced.

Another thing i'm noticing from Goals On Sunday, in all games, they are showing a lot of incidents not on MOTD that were bigger incidents than what MOTD showed.

I know they have a little longer but they tend to talk a fair bit, so it's not that much difference.

It was a poor representation compared to the other games.

I'm not sure what the Burnley and Palace games had that ours didn't and we got a point on our return to the top flight. Burnley is nearer to Salford, so maybe that's why.

Ian Wright tried to get in a bit about Gaston Ramirez but was quickly moved on.

Always a problem with MOTD though - I recall a few years ago when we played Liverpool away , we lost 1-2 but didn't deserve too, even Sky agreed (it was live on Sky) Mido scored and they scored two very late goals.

Gerrard was guff but MOTD showed all the Liverpool attacks and about two of Boro's (I think we hit the post or there was a great save from their keeper) and they didn't show it. They highlighted Gerrard as the main man for Liverpool despite Sky during their live coverage saying he was having a bad day as would anyone watching that day.

Goals on Sunday is so much better and balanced.

I noticed the bit with Ian Wright, heard him try to say Ramirez was impressive but he got shut down in favour of the discussion about yellow cards for dissent. Very disappointing that 'it was a good point' was all the analysis we got, especially when every other game was discussed in far more detail.