oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Sunderland (a) 2-1

And we're live!

Same team for me, that said I would complain if he made a couple of changes. Nice to have options!

Does anyone know of any decent parking spots in Sunderland to make a quick getaway?

You basically wanna avoid the A1231 which is the road coming off the a19 and straight to the Stadium of Light (hence why its rammed), you could be stuck for a long time in it shortly after the match ends. If you use a satnav, I'd park somewhere near the Grange Pub (Fulwell) which is next to my house. It's 5 minute walk to the stadium, and you could drive back through Boldon and join the a19 there, might be quicker.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

And we're live!

Same team for me, that said I would complain if he made a couple of changes. Nice to have options!

Does anyone know of any decent parking spots in Sunderland to make a quick getaway?

You basically wanna avoid the A1231 which is the road coming off the a19 and straight to the Stadium of Light (hence why its rammed), you could be stuck for a long time in it shortly after the match ends. If you use a satnav, I'd park somewhere near the Grange Pub (Fulwell) which is next to my house. It's 5 minute walk to the stadium, and you could drive back through Boldon and join the a19 there, might be quicker.

There's a little road next to the bridge on the opposite side to the stadium which I've parked in a few times for concerts and I got away very quick. Can't remember the name of the road.

We are more than capable of getting a result up there. Hope we can show our fitness and keep up a good intensity. We were arguably unlucky to have lost against Stoke, having hit the woodwork at least three times and only conceding to a very good free kick (Valdes shuffle or not). We play the same way again we should at least win 1-0 IMO.

Same team for me unless Ayala is fit or Fischer has miraculously rounded off his defensive game in the last week. Wouldn't mind seeing the latter make an appearance off the bench though, especially if it's 0-0 or we're chasing the game.

Probably mentioned elsewhere but it's pertinent here. Ayala starts for the U23's at home to Brighton tonight. Espinosa is on the bench. I'd say there's a decent chance of Ayala being involved on Sunday now (if he comes through okay), but I still think he'll be on the bench and will be back in the XI for Fulham.

As well as Forshaw played on Saturday he is t the kind of player to play that holding midfield role, got caught pushing forward too far a few times I thought, for an away game especially I think de sart might be a better option

Probably mentioned elsewhere but it's pertinent here. Ayala starts for the U23's at home to Brighton tonight. Espinosa is on the bench. I'd say there's a decent chance of Ayala being involved on Sunday now (if he comes through okay), but I still think he'll be on the bench and will be back in the XI for Fulham.

I hope Ayala starts on Sunday, if there's anyone who can keep Defoe quiet it's Ayala. If Defoe is kept quiet I'm quietly confident of us picking up 3 points.

I hope Ayala starts on Sunday, if there's anyone who can keep Defoe quiet it's Ayala. If Defoe is kept quiet I'm quietly confident of us picking up 3 points.

I hope he does as well. But remember he hasn't played a minute of football since the Brighton match. If he only manages an hour tonight, I doubt he'll suddenly have the fitness to play against Defoe for 95 minutes.

Really hope Kirchoff is still injured for Sunday's game against us.

The spine of Kone - Kirchoff - Defoe was probably why they stayed up last year. Ideal would be if Kirchoff not fit enough, and Everton come in and get Kone before Sunday, but looking unlikely.