oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Sunderland (a) 2-1

They've offered him one. £50k a week, reckon he could probably get that if he moved too, though maybe not at Watford. He seemed pretty determined to leave at one point though (transfer request?) so maybe it's not just about the money.

An offer from Everton came in for him, I assume they can match his wages and he seemed pretty keen to go.

The offer of a new contract isn't until 1st Sept, ie. When the transfer window shuts.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been a huge fan of Defoe - He reminds me of Hasselbaink with the way he's a great all round striker despite his small frame.

Wasn't Hasselbaink about 6ft and over 13 stone? I don't remember him being small.

JFH's backside alone was 13 stone, I'm struggling to think of a recent striker other than viduka that had less of a small frame.

I've always been a huge fan of Defoe - He reminds me of Hasselbaink with the way he's a great all round striker despite his small frame.

Wasn't Hasselbaink about 6ft and over 13 stone? I don't remember him being small.

JFH's backside alone was 13 stone, I'm struggling to think of a recent striker other than viduka that had less of a small frame.

Yakubu.

Yakubu.

True that, according to the Internet (espn and something else) even he was 5kg lighter than Hasselbaink.

Sunderland fans think Negredo's past it, its called hope and fear they hope he's past it because they fear him if he isn't.

This is ironic considering they're playing John O'Shea as a centre mid. Past it/never had it and horribly out of position.

I can't have expressed myself too clearly. The small frame comment was mainly in relation to Defoe. Hasselbaink was a bit bigger than Defoe, especially when taking into account his huge backside. Their style of play is very similar so that was the main comparison. For all of Hasselbaink's strength, I can't remember him being particularly broadly built or tall as many others do, but he certainly wasn't as small as Defoe. Him playing alongside the likes of Viduka and Yabuku could have clouded my jugmdgement though.

Kone is out of Sunday's game with an injury

That's huge! Negredo might be able to cause some absolute chaos for their CBs now. Who will they even play? Kone and Kaboul started against City...

I guess Djilibodji will make his debut with McNair. If that's the case their defence is bloody awful with Love and Van Aanholt at fullback!

Edit: just seen on Twitter that Djilibodji will definitely start.