oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Sunderland (a) 2-1

What's been nice is seeing how our players haven't felt the need to rush and hustle the game. For a good ten minutes prior to that goal, we were happy to keep possession, move it all the way back to Guzan if need be, which shows to me a certain confidence in their ability to match up to Premier League opponents.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Downing needs to have more confidence going forward. Always looks like he's desperate to turn round and pass back

I was thinking the whole team were except Gaston. We've turned attack in to defend a few times. Thought Downing was doing ok pressed forward a few times hit some long passes that just didn't quite make it.

It's nice to see Stuani proving me wrong so far, long may it continue.

Lovely pass from Forshaw for the second goal.

The only player I could slightly criticise is Friend for letting Januzaj past too easily a few times, but luckily it hasn't led to anything yet.

That Forshaw pass was just like seeing Michael Laudrup back in the days :) Look away and pass the ball perfect.

Negredos assist was just as brilliant!

And Stuani... More a striker than a midfielder... But he is good this time of year.. (late summer/early fall) .. Was the same last season, where he scored most of his goals

Its not trolling..my opinion.i do not rate AK as a manager or a man manager.. He will not last the season. Was lucky to be reinstalled last season after throwing his toys out. His team selections are a mystery and tactics are lacking. Boro through and through its the team i support..regardless who is in charge

+1 Absolutely spot on

Half time. Please i would like to know what information you have to make a bold statement regarding the manager. You trivialise (toys out the Pram) when Karanka missed a game. A tactic today has been applauded by experts on tv(Stuani) on!

It's fine having an opinion but it has no creed..... here.

Very good away performance so far. I'd have liked to see us keep hold of the ball a bit better earlier on as we did in the last 5 or 10 mins just to give us a bit of a break from the defensive side of things but it's a minor thing really. I hope we don't settle back into just defending in this half, Sunderland will almost certainly come at us but we've seen that if we make good decisions with the ball that we can open them up. We just need to have the confidence to play.

Its not trolling..my opinion.i do not rate AK as a manager or a man manager.. He will not last the season. Was lucky to be reinstalled last season after throwing his toys out. His team selections are a mystery and tactics are lacking. Boro through and through its the team i support..regardless who is in charge

+1 Absolutely spot on

Half time. Please i would like to know what information you have to make a bold statement regarding the manager. You trivialise (toys out the Pram) when Karanka missed a game. A tactic today has been applauded by experts on tv(Stuani) on!

It's fine having an opinion but it has no creed..... here.

Just don't reply to them gephind. That's all they want

Ahahahahahahahaha

It's nice to see Stuani proving me wrong so far, long may it continue.

Lovely pass from Forshaw for the second goal.

The only player I could slightly criticise is Friend for letting Januzaj past too easily a few times, but luckily it hasn't led to anything yet.

What I would say about that is in my opinion he's deliberately showing him the outside because he doesn't want him cutting inside onto his left foot.  So he's giving him more space that side to force him that way but then obviously he may get around him on the outside.

Friend needs to perform a little better against januzaj next half otherwise not really any complaints from me other than we took a while to settle.

Good half.

I think he was performing better by the end of the half, the chances seemed to dry up from that side as the half went on and Friend was able to get forward more too. Quite right though that the first half hour or so he was struggling.