oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Sunderland (a) 2-1

It's nice to see Stuani proving me wrong so far, long may it continue.

Lovely pass from Forshaw for the second goal.

The only player I could slightly criticise is Friend for letting Januzaj past too easily a few times, but luckily it hasn't led to anything yet.

What I would say about that is in my opinion he's deliberately showing him the outside because he doesn't want him cutting inside onto his left foot.  So he's giving him more space that side to force him that way but then obviously he may then get around him on the outside.

I agree although I think he's trying to dive in a bit earlier than i think he needs to.

You're right that he's keeping him off his left foot though.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The only player I could slightly criticise is Friend for letting Januzaj past too easily a few times, but luckily it hasn't led to anything yet.

What I would say about that is in my opinion he's deliberately showing him the outside because he doesn't want him cutting inside onto his left foot.  So he's giving him more space that side to force him that way but then obviously he may then get around him on the outside.

That's what it looked like to me, looked very deliberate. Also crossing from the byline when we have packed the box is nigh on impossible to find another Sunderland shirt.

Forshaw outstanding , Clayton is playing in his shadow at the moment . Downing looks a complete different player to last season . And love the look Ramirez hasn't had the ball to much this game but when he gets it he gets me out of my seat .

What I would say about that is in my opinion he's deliberately showing him the outside because he doesn't want him cutting inside onto his left foot.  So he's giving him more space that side to force him that way but then obviously he may get around him on the outside.

I agree that is his intention, but there was definitely one occasion were it allowed Januzaj to get dangerously into he box.

What I would say about that is in my opinion he's deliberately showing him the outside because he doesn't want him cutting inside onto his left foot.  So he's giving him more space that side to force him that way but then obviously he may get around him on the outside.

Been saying the exact same. It's difficult for Friend in that scenario but we have to do something about it and unfortunately showing him on his weaker foot has actually so far not been proved to work well, we've been a bit lucky that the final ball has been poor from him.

well not one for blowing my own trumpet but last week on the stoke thread i did say i think stuani at RW would work well in the EPL as long as nsue was behind him. :)

AK has proved time and again HE knows what team to pick better than any of us ever will. Hes had so much abuse over selection by us fans. lets be honest he gets it right far more frequently than he gets it wrong.

What a half btw, we are pretty close on the balance of play but we defiantly have a better shape. we are a better unit, which is why i expect us to finish above the relegation battle. looks the last weeks nerves are gone and we are enjoying the extra speed and tempo if the ELP also the extra space to pick the nice passes (forshaw ahem) very happy.

Been saying the exact same. It's difficult for Friend in that scenario but we have to do something about it and unfortunately showing him on his weaker foot has actually so far not been proved to work well, we've been a bit lucky that the final ball has been poor from him.

Maybe they feel his weaker foot is so weak he can't do much with it in which case it's not lucky.  I don't know I'm just looking at it and thinking about it from their point of view.

Sunderland using up two subs already might give us a nice advantage later in the game to determine the shape of things. Maybe a nice chance to get Fischer on later in the game, or to unleash Albert on some tired legs as the match wears on. Opportunity awaits!

Its not trolling..my opinion.i do not rate AK as a manager or a man manager.. He will not last the season. Was lucky to be reinstalled last season after throwing his toys out. His team selections are a mystery and tactics are lacking. Boro through and through its the team i support..regardless who is in charge

+1 Absolutely spot on

Half time. Please i would like to know what information you have to make a bold statement regarding the manager. You trivialise (toys out the Pram) when Karanka missed a game. A tactic today has been applauded by experts on tv(Stuani) on!

It's fine having an opinion but it has no creed..... here.

Just don't reply to them gephind. That's all they want

Zzzz. I couldn't give two hoots if anyone replied or not. I don't particularly rate Karanka as a manager (at the moment), but he's still learning the trade. That's my prerogative.

When he walked out on the club last season, 10% of fans didn't want him back in the E.G poll. Suggests I'm not the only one who doesn't particularly rate him, but definitely a minority.

I actually hope Karanka fully proves me wrong by the end of the season.

Cheers.