oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Sunderland (a) 2-1

Very impressed with Forshaw today. One of the first times I'll say he CANNOT be dropped for the next game.

He won't be dropped anyway, De Roon won't be risked.

Think Nsue's place in the team is in danger though. Ayala will come into the team, Barragan RB.

I know, it was more of a compliment of how well I though he played today. In the past I haven't seen what people raved about, today I saw something to get excited about.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Very impressed with Forshaw today. One of the first times I'll say he CANNOT be dropped for the next game.

He won't be dropped anyway, De Roon won't be risked.

Think Nsue's place in the team is in danger though. Ayala will come into the team, Barragan RB.

I know, it was more of a compliment of how well I though he played today. In the past I haven't seen what people raved about, today I saw something to get excited about.

Agreed. He's been excellent so far this season. Hope this gives him the confidence to perform even better.

Very good performance and regardless of whether Sunderland area poor team , and they certainly look it , we still have to win and we did that very well

Great goals today and you can't knock AK's tactics in picking Stuani over Albert. Superb football for that second goal as well , especially the pass from Forshaw and the lay off from Negredo.

I think the fact Clayton was on a card and had committed a foul or two on top of that meant he was a little subdued in the period Sunderland came at us and think if a Leadbitter or De Roon were on the bench he would have been replaced. Only disappointment was Albert but overall a great day and nice to see 2 points off a champions league place!

People are excelling themselves in finding the negatives here.

I think people are just saying what they were watching which was a superb 1st half performance, and a 2nd half were the defence was excellent and some of our midfield went missing inviting pressure and putting our defence under the cosh

All in all its 4pts in 2 games so a good start.

So what, when we win people should just say everything is rosy there's nothing we can work on?

I certainly didn't say that.

Just back from the game, brilliant atmosphere in the away end as usual, hope it came accross on the TVs.

I agree with the general sentiments people have posted, Clayton and Adomah will have better games, downing and foresaw played really well. Stuani so goal was a stunner. I feel sorry for Guzan though, the goal was his fault but he'd played well up to that point. His distribution is questionable though, not a patch on Steele, dimi or what I've seen of valdes.

Thoroughly enjoyed the day and you have to say even when we didn't play well in the second half, the work rate won us the points. Nugent earlier would have been nice too, but who cares, party party party.

So what, when we win people should just say everything is rosy there's nothing we can work on?

I certainly didn't say that.

Then why make a comment about it at all?

I'm amazed some of us are finding negatives about an away win like. from my memory a team such as ourselves used to struggle to get more than a few away wins all season long. to win our first one was a great result. Moyes has come out and said that he though they played well. so in short we won away from home to a team who actually played quite well(for them). double bonus.

UTFB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aside from anything else though I want a keeper that can do his primary job of stopping goals and Valdes failed at that last week.  You can't put a wall there and then move behind the wall.  The goal last week went in the area he was meant to be protecting.  I know people have blamed Clayton for the foul (fair enough), the ref for pulling it back (not fair enough), Adomah for not jumping (fair enough unless he was told not to) but ultimately it was down to Valdes to cover that part of the goal and he didn't because he moved to his right.  So nice passing is fine but I'm more interested in good goalkeeping myself.

I think Guzan's mistake for the goal today was far worse than Valdes' for the goal last week. Yes, he shouldn't have quite moved as far to the right but it was a sweetly struck free kick that was inch-perfect, hit with pace too. My problem is that Guzan has a history of spilling balls in the wrong direction, and he did it twice today! It took a sweet free kick to beat Valdes, but anyone could have tapped in Guzan's spill.

He keeps doing that it will cost us dear, afaic. Not good enough for me.

I think Guzan's mistake for the goal today was far worse than Valdes' for the goal last week. Yes, he shouldn't have quite moved as far to the right but it was a sweetly struck free kick that was inch-perfect, hit with pace too. My problem is that Guzan has a history of spilling balls in the wrong direction, and he did it twice today! It took a sweet free kick to beat Valdes, but anyone could have tapped in Guzan's spill.

He keeps doing that it will cost us dear, afaic. Not good enough for me.

I agree and I wasn't saying he was better, more that people continually mentioning Valdes passing are maybe getting their priorities wrong a bit.  

But Guzan is exactly what he was at Villa.

Did we win or not? Monday mornings are for raking the team over the coals. :D

This is the Premiership , we are faster on the ball, anyway stop being so reasonable and join in, don't forget you are an honorary bloke now :D