oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Sunderland (a) 2-1

Moyes already acknowledging Sunderland face a relegation fight. And sounding like there's not much money to help them. Stuani apparently had the fewest touches of any Boro player to play 90 minutes - made them count though.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Phew! What a game. Bit nervy towards the end, but I thought once Ayala came in and Barragan (who was great at CB!) went to RB our defence got really solid.

Nsue, for as much as I like the fella, didn't play that well (glimpses of good play, only). Same with Adomah; merely glimpses and too much show boating on the half way line when what we needed was for someone to bomb down the wing!

For me, while Stuani scored the goals (including an absolute stunner; Match of the Day Goal of the Month, anyone?), Forshaw was our man of the match. He was everywhere today, making some great runs and some fantastic tackles.

Roll on Wednesday!

Just back from the game, brilliant atmosphere in the away end as usual, hope it came accross on the TVs.

Unfortunately not. The cameras almost never filmed the away end which was a shame because we could hear you. Would have liked a few more pictures.

Yeah there were quite a few concerning aspects to some players performances but at this moment I'm not too fussed as we got 3 massive points. Friend struggled with Januzaj running at him on two occasions which stood out, but other than them I was impressed by him. Barragan, Gibson and Forshaw were the stand our performers. The Clayton/Forshaw partnership impressed far more than last week as they played with far more discipline. The more performances that Forshaw puts in like today, the more likely it is that he will keep here as Karanka will start having more faith in him. It's the defensive/physical side of his game which lets him down in the central midfield role in our team so today will have allayed some of them concerns. His value will surely have slightly increased in the past two performances too. Nsue struggled again today so hopefully we can get Barragan back in at RB against West Brom with Ayala nearing a return to the starting 11. Guzan looked shaky towards the end. He needs to know when to parry shots away far better which he knows he can't handle. I need to watch it back.

Guzan looked shaky towards the end. He needs to know when to parry shots away far better which he knows he can't handle. I need to watch it back.

I had a feeling that Guzan was starting to get Villa flashbacks to last season. I can imagine him getting a bit jumpy at the thought of letting errors creep in as they did week in week out while down there.

He played well though; will certainly give Valdes some competition when he's back fit.

Guzan looked shaky towards the end. He needs to know when to parry shots away far better which he knows he can't handle. I need to watch it back.

I had a feeling that Guzan was starting to get Villa flashbacks to last season. I can imagine him getting a bit jumpy at the thought of letting errors creep in as they did week in week out while down there.

He played well though; will certainly give Valdes some competition when he's back fit.

No chance. Made a decent save, which id expect most PL keepers to save but I think valdes would have dealt better with the two spills. Think Valdes is being underrated by a few people due to his mistake trying to anticipate shaqiris freekick

No chance. Made a decent save, which id expect most PL keepers to save but I think valdes would have dealt better with the two spills. Think Valdes is being underrated by a few people due to his mistake trying to anticipate shaqiris freekick

I'd definitely have Valdes as my number 1 ahead of Guzan, but just thinking Brad is starting to look like half decent competition rather than a GK to make up the numbers.

After Andre Gray yesterday, it was only a matter of time before another Premier League player dropped a b*llock on Twitter...

People are excelling themselves in finding the negatives here.

So what, when we win people should just say everything is rosy there's nothing we can work on?

I certainly didn't say that.

Then why make a comment about it at all?

Because it just maybe true

People are excelling themselves in finding the negatives here.

So what, when we win people should just say everything is rosy there's nothing we can work on?

I certainly didn't say that.

Then why make a comment about it at all?

Because it just maybe true

Again if we win are people not allowed to point out negatives?

Good performance especially first half, we played through them so easily at times. At half time we were so comfortable and could have gone on to win 4-0. So why against a team like Sunderland did we sit back and invite pressure onto ourselves. They were awful, like really really awful and we let them control the game second half, could have so easily thrown away those points today.

On the positive side, 3 points away at a relegation rival is a great result, some great performances today, Forshaw superb (That ball for the second was world class), the whole team just looked so comfortable on the ball in the first half. Once we get Ayala back and get Barragan to RB we will look very solid.

Hope thats the last time we see Adomah in a Boro shirt, he was pathetic when he came off the bench, was like playing with 10 men. Not impressed with Guzan either.

We will be fine this season though, no doubt

Good performance especially first half, we played through them so easily at times. At half time we were so comfortable and could have gone on to win 4-0. So why against a team like Sunderland did we sit back and invite pressure onto ourselves. They were awful, like really really awful and we let them control the game second half, could have so easily thrown away those points today.

On the positive side, 3 points away at a relegation rival is a great result, some great performances today, Forshaw superb (That ball for the second was world class), the whole team just looked so comfortable on the ball in the first half. Once we get Ayala back and get Barragan to RB we will look very solid.

Hope thats the last time we see Adomah in a Boro shirt, he was pathetic when he came off the bench, was like playing with 10 men. Not impressed with Guzan either.

We will be fine this season though, no doubt

because we always do. That, unfortunately, is how we play. Hopefully Karanka will learn he can't do that when the better teams start punishing us for it.