oneBoro Forum
typicalbrough

Boro vs Sunderland (a) 2-1

Guzan in for Valdes, Forshaw in for De Roon. Otherwise unchanged.

There was something on FMTTM about Valdes picking up a knock in training

Adomah must have had a name change then.

Adomah must have had a name change then.

Missed that one. Perhaps AK didn't like him not jumping in the wall last Saturday.

If Rhodes goes I'll be so gutted, the guy would score goals at this level without a shadow of a doubt

It'd be an absolute joke if Rhodes leaves.

Why?

Strange about Rhodes. Hoe he isn't leaving. He did excellently in preseason. Still, good enough to beat sunderlands patched up team

Out of the 3 strikers we have I wouldn't had thought it would be Rhodes that was on his way out. But maybe as a man that has pretty much been first choice striker everywhere he's been he may not like playing second fiddle to Negrado and want a move himself???

I hope guzan can distribute like valdes did, and I hope his knock isn't serious.

I hope the rhodes stuff isn't true, would really be a downer for me.

Valdes only done half a days training yesterday as he felt his hammy tighten so came away from training in the hope it was a minor one.

Ayala has told people around the ground he doesn't think he's ready just yet.

Bernardo looks the real deal, as close to fully fit as he could be without game time and could quite likely make the bench.

Not gospel by any means but it's from someone at the club.

So yeah he did do his hammy then.

• Latest Posts

• We will win if Woody has realized we need to push up 15 yards and shut down the opposition midfield. The team works in unity. Now in the last two games we only played the second half so the team should be fresh enough.  I don’t see any reason why heads should drop because, they came out in the second halves with intent, which indicates belief and commitment and neither score line was embarrassing. I am expecting they will bounce back and up the anti. 
    • No I've been told the same but the wages wouldn't be a huge issue. From what I've been told the percentage isn't enormous and the amount wouldn't be a huge issue for the club. Again I can't say more than that. (other than it shouldn't cost the club more than 10k per week apparently) 
    • Giving up on a young player after one costly mistake sounds like horrible player management.
    • Middlesbrough v Birmingham Tuesday, 19:45 - The Riverside Stadium   "Well, at least I had the Christmas period off......"   The Form Middlesbrough last six: LLDDWW Two consecutive defeats on the telebox within the last week sounds ominous, but if we had got started quicker in both games the results could have been oh so different as Boro seemed to grow into both games. A brilliant December results-wise, which saw us pull away from relegation and had the more optimistic of us dreaming of sneaking into the playoffs. As Woodgate struggles through a very congested January while trying to keep players fresh, results are starting to suffer due to rotation (Rudy F'ing Gestede as a lone striker?!?). Hopefully this is just a blip against better teams and not the MotM curse rearing it's ugly head.   Birmingham last six: DWWLLD Brum have started to pick up a bit of form - and a couple of red cards - in their last 6 games, with goals aplenty being both scored and conceded, but only 2 losses registered. Former Tony Mowbray signing Lukas Jutkiewicz leads the line for Brum, having scored 9 goals so far this season. Pep Clotet's side currently sit in 18th, 1 point and one place below Boro, having scored 34 and conceded 45 so far this term.   The Line-Up It's a shame that this game was moved forward, as Woodgate alluded to in his post match interview it doesn't leave much time for anything but recuperation, and a bit more rest would be nice.... however, Birmingham do have a day less, so every cloud!  Hopefully we will see Fletch start up front again after his cameo against Fulham, and maybe Wing on for Clayton. You also have to wonder how long Coulson and Spence can go without a rest, but who would you replace them with at the minute?       Woody-Vision *Will be updated after the pre-match press conference*   The View From The Other Side *To be updated when I find it*