oneBoro Forum
typicalbrough

Boro vs Sunderland (a) 2-1

Januzaj is their only thread so far. Hope he tires as the game moves on

Clayton and friend struggling defensively

Just about to post this

Nice work by Barragan there to snuff out the threat from Defoe after initially letting the ball run a bit loose. Good determination.

Its not trolling..my opinion.i do not rate AK as a manager or a man manager.. He will not last the season. Was lucky to be reinstalled last season after throwing his toys out. His team selections are a mystery and tactics are lacking. Boro through and through its the team i support..regardless who is in charge

+1 Absolutely spot on

You think we will see Fabio on that left back soon?

Nice skills by gaston. Good that he's getting in the game a bit more

Things have started to settle down a bit. All Sunderland's threat seems to come from the left (ours), with them trying to work the ball to Januzaj. Whatmore is busy but limited, he works hard but his passes are going astray quite a bit. Not much aerial threat, and they seem to be trying to work the ball on the ground through to Defoe.

O'Shea off injured Pinaar on

Defoe score... but he's miles offside good defending

That was excellent by Gibson the way he made sure he kept Defoe offside.

• Latest Posts

• I suspect Woody will try to get players for 4-3-3, since the mythical PowerPoint presentation at his job interview was all about how we'd become the Liverpool of the north (east). The 3-5-2 formation doesn't tend to stay in vogue for long at any club, even though I really like it when deploying box-to-box wingbacks. Ironically, it would arguably suit Liverpool better than 4-3-3 does, as Robertson and Alexander-Arnold can cover every blade of grass and put some wonderful crosses in. They could easily lose a player in midfield and add extra presence in their defence if they switched to 3-5-2. Back on topic, we've needed width and striking options for the last few windows, and nothing's been done about it. If we don't approach these positions as the only priority in January (barring maybe bringing Ben Gibson back on loan, and assuming Randolph stays), we'll get nowhere in the second half of the season.
    • Even at this early stage of the campaign, I think the Player of the Season award is Paddy's to lose.
    • What are you talking about? Sounds like he'll fit right in 😅
    • I've just watched it back as well and think it definitely looks like a penalty... Plus reading the Forest forum they believe it was awarded correctly mostly blaming Robinson for a very poor challenge. Credit to McNair as both the defense splitting pass and penalty are spot on! 
    • I just saw the replay of the penalty award. Was it even a penalty? Looked like a tight call between a free-kick and a penalty.