• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Kevin Friend done something to us before in a game that I'm missing? I don't get the hate surrounding him.

He's been regarded as one of the worst refs in the Premier League for years by fans of all clubs.

Has Kevin Friend done something to us before in a game that I'm missing? I don't get the hate surrounding him.

He hasn't reffed us since that 4:3 Fulham debacle.

He's just generally a *** ref. Probably one of the worst of the lot IMO. Saturday just proved a point really, he was awful again.

He's inept, and he has that face you just want to repeatedly punch.

I read somewhere he hasn't been given a game this weekend, it's only week 2. Just do the honourable thing and sack him.

If Ayala's ready, and that's down to him and AK to decide, I'd put him in at CB and move Barragan to RB ahead of Nsue. Barragan played a blinder on Saturday but he's a RB and whilst Nsue played ok the defensive side of his game was exposed.

I'd also like to see Rhodes given some game time, he could've done with 20 minutes on Saturday as Negredo was knackered towards the end.

If Ayala's ready, and that's down to him and AK to decide, I'd put him in at CB and move Barragan to RB ahead of Nsue. Barragan played a blinder on Saturday but he's a RB and whilst Nsue played ok the defensive side of his game was exposed.

I'd also like to see Rhodes given some game time, he could've done with 20 minutes on Saturday as Negredo was knackered towards the end.

Rhodes grandad died on Saturday. I think that may be why AK chose to put Nugent on.

I think there may be a bit of tinkering done to the starting line up. I wouldnt be surprised to see Nsue dropped and Baptiste brought in and possibly Fischer to get a start ahead of Downing or Albert. Apart from De Roon there are no other reports of injuries so thats good news. 

It could be a difficult game but i believe we have enough to beat S`land at their place. Boro to win by 1 goal.

We need to sign another CB regardless but both of Ayala and Espinosa getting 45 minutes is a huge boost for us, especially with a crucial game on Sunday. If one of them is ready, preferably Ayala, then that will help free up Barragan to slot in at RB. The injuries to CM is a huge concern too as it's a position where we need more solidity and physicality than what we had on Sunday after De Roon went off injured. Many Premier League managers like to occasionally play a defender in holding midfield so Karanka might surprise everyone by putting someone like Barragan in there, since he's fast becoming our utility player. It's very unlikely but it could be an option if Karanka thinks we desperately need a more defensive player in midfield than what Forshaw provides. Obviously that would mean Nsue staying at RB and Ayala or Espinosa potentially starting at CB. Hopefully we can get some more signings in soon.

If Adomah was told to jump in the wall by Karanka then he might not be starting on Sunday. It's how Karanka works. That will bother Karanka far more than his lack of end product in the second half. It looked bizarre how everyone jumped yet he just stood there without even making an attempt. At this moment we don't have any genuine competition at RW so Adomah is by far our best option there, despite not being particularly great, so I begrudgingly hope he keeps his place in the side.

Was just reading more into his history, turns out Kevin Friend has a history of not knowing what constitutes an "advantage" so not surprised by the decision at the weekend.

Well that's just typical isn't it

Come on, there wasn't anything wrong with the advantage. Clayton fouled their player after he had released the ball and Friend gave Bojan the advantage for about 3 seconds but there wasn't an advantage because Bojan was quickly surrounded by 2-3 Boro defenders. When a team doesn't get an advantage in the imminent aftermath after a free kick the ref will blow for a free kick. It was by the book and we've all seen advantages that lasted longer before being pulled back for a free kick. It was 100% Claytons fault as there was absolutely no reason to kick down the Stoke player.

He did give Stoke too much throughout the game though, but you can't blame him regarding that free kick.

Was just reading more into his history, turns out Kevin Friend has a history of not knowing what constitutes an "advantage" so not surprised by the decision at the weekend.

Come on, there wasn't anything wrong with the advantage. Clayton fouled their player after he had released the ball and Friend gave Bojan the advantage for about 3 seconds but there wasn't an advantage because Bojan was quickly surrounded by 2-3 Boro defenders. When a team doesn't get an advantage in the imminent aftermath after a free kick the ref will blow for a free kick. It was by the book and we've all seen advantages that lasted longer before being pulled back for a free kick. It was 100% Claytons fault as there was absolutely no reason to kick down the Stoke player.

He did give Stoke too much throughout the game though, but you can't blame him regarding that free kick.

It was way longer than any advantage I've seen given before and stoke made their way into the box with the ball which should be deemed having taken advantage.

It was a stupid tackle by Clayton but I think you're mad if you think it was the clear cut right call on bringing the free kick back. Would be interested to see how long between the foul and call back there was, felt far longer than 3s.

If that's the new length of advantage then I'll accept it but now I need to see consistency otherwise it goes down as a k friend *** up for me.

It was way longer than any advantage I've seen given before and stoke made their way into the box with the ball which should be deemed having taken advantage.

It was a stupid tackle by Clayton but I think you're mad if you think it was the clear cut right call on bringing the free kick back. Would be interested to see how long between the foul and call back there was, felt far longer than 3s.

If that's the new length of advantage then I'll accept it but now I need to see consistency otherwise it goes down as a k friend *** up for me.

The ball was already on it's way into the box when Clayton fouled the player - he was that late. They didn't make their way into the box. Bojan recieved it in the box. I don't think it was a particular long advantage. There certainly wasn't an advantage because Bojan could do nothing with the ball as he was quickly surrounded. That's what I remember from the incident. I'll have to look at again.

Edit; having looked again there is only about 3-4 seconds from the foul to the whistle. Stoke didn't gain an advantage in that time. Nothing wrong with that.