oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Sunderland (a) 2-1

Can only see a boro loss here..a big one at that..the team gives me no confidence..early i know but i dont feel ak is the man to take us forward

^^^Agree 100%.

HAHA. Numbskulls.

Mate. At least they made their call before kick off we can all be right after the result has come in.

I can almost gurentee that no one is happier that they're wrong as much as they are

Maybe, maybe not. Some are happier to be proved right, you see it on Facebook all the time.

LOL. Correct Uwe.... I am bloody delighted to be wrong on that one. I thought we were going to get turned over (and said so), and thoroughly enjoyed watching it NOT turn out that way.

I won't be expecting to see another Stuani goal like that in my lifetime though :-)

Cheers.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I could have been back at Villa Park last season watching Guzan, a world class save and then two spills and his head has gone. When we bought him I told you what to expect now you have seen it for yourselves!

^^^Agree 100%.

HAHA. Numbskulls.

Mate. At least they made their call before kick off we can all be right after the result has come in.

I can almost gurentee that no one is happier that they're wrong as much as they are

Maybe, maybe not. Some are happier to be proved right, you see it on Facebook all the time.

LOL. Correct Uwe.... I am bloody delighted to be wrong on that one. I thought we were going to get turned over (and said so), and thoroughly enjoyed watching it NOT turn out that way.

I won't be expecting to see another Stuani goal like that in my lifetime though :-)

Cheers.

Fair enough mate. I get so used to people who just love to slag the team off, that I sometimes confuse that with genuine pessimism.

Good game. I think we're still getting used to the speed and quality of the Premier League and playing with enthusiasm in defence and attack for the whole 90 minutes. The goal from Stuani was spectacular and nice work from Foreshaw, Negredo and Stuani for the second one. We looked way better than them for most of the game, on attack and defence. Barragan and Negredo are great buys, Guzan was Ok, with one great save. Valdes looks better.

Great effort and result. UTB!!!

Excellent result, but for me only Barra/Gibbo and Forshaw come out of that game with any credit, the rest were average or poor.

Not Stuani for his two goals?

2 Goals does not a motm performance make.

He was sloppy in his passing, slow to react, the Sunderland goal originally comes because stuani is slow to react and let's van aanholt get to a ball before him.

Excellent goals though.

It was the any credit bit I was querying really - can see why people wouldn't give him man of the match. Dan clarified in his following post, though. I still think he gets it for winning us the game, mind. Like I said earlier myself though, Barragan was hard to beat in terms of performance on the day, and Forshaw did very well too.

Guzan had that great save to tip around the post, then two sloppy spills with a goal coming from it. Sunderland are a pretty poor team right now, mind, they'll be struggling this season if they don't overhaul that side. Need a striker to supplement Defoe - no aerial presence in the box which left them struggling with a ball in to attack. Central defence a bit at sea too.

A big three points that. First half was good once we settled. Would like to see us try and get a foothold in the game earlier on rather than relying on a world class strike to get us into it! After that though some good defending and good attacking when we gave ourselves the chance to do it. Disappointed with the second half although it was predictable as we've seen it before. Hanging on at this level will see us come unstuck sometimes. We were playing against one of the worst attacking teams in the Premier League and at times in the second half we were all over the place. I find it frustrating because when we had the courage and intelligence to play we actually looked good and capable of getting through them.

An attacking trio of Downing, Adomah and Stuani for me just isn't up to it so I sincerely hope we get some more business done. You can't knock Stuani though, his first was outstanding and he was in the right place at the right time for the second. Special mention for Ben Gibson today, I thought he was excellent and looked every inch a Premier League defender. To my mind he looks a bit physically stronger this season? Barragan also did well but I thought Gibson really looked the part. Forshaw and Clayton worked their socks off. Forshaw's pass for Negredo was excellent and shows the difference between just having hard working players and players with a bit of vision. Now imagine a better player than him in there and the team that we could begin to develop into. Clayton got through a hell of a shift it seemed to me and he needed to. Negredo faded and his touch in the second half when he was put through was appalling really. He should have won it there and then but in the first half we saw a number of quality touches.

All in all we got the job done and if Negredo hadn't messed it up we may have done it with a bit more to spare. I still want a couple of players brought in because I feel we're lacking quality. I'd be surprised if we didn't make a couple of moves before the end of the season.

What a start to the PL for us. Unbeaten, derby victory and our new signings looking good.

A few words on every player on the pitch today:

Brad Guzan: He is a good shot stopper. He should have saved the ball to the left, not to the right, which lead to the goal. To defend him a little, I have been a goalie for some years, and it's really an unpleassant job, when the opposition is playing that aggressive really close to the box/in the box.

Emilio Nsue: Good fighter, but he is running too much backwards like a headless chicken at times. Barragan will take his place, when Ayala is fully fit, to be a starter.

Antonio Barragan: Amazing performance, both as CD and RB. Good signing.

Ben Gibson: He is only 23, but plays like an experienced 3o year old. Great performance from one of our own!

George Friend: Was fooled (on the outside only) by Januzaj, but I think he forced him to go on the outside, as Januzajs crosses were *** poor. Ok performance from our vice skipper, but his passes forward + crosses needs to get better.

Cristhian Stuani: Two really good goals, especially that screamer. He is good at being at the right spot at the right time. Defended well when needed. Apart from the two goals he played average.

Adam Clayton: We all know, he can play better than today. I am not worried, he will rise again. That early yellow, didn't help him today.

Adam Forshaw: Motm if you ask me. He was everywhere and that "Laudrup" pass and his energy which led to the second goal was world class. Great defending as well.

Stewart Downing: Better attitude than last year. Willing to give that little extra, made his performance accepted. No spectacular things, except from that interception, which led to the second goal.

Gaston Ramirez: Good performance. He is brilliant with the ball, and we looked so much poorer when he was subbed. He will be an important player for us this season.

Alvaro Negredo: Good first half with a cool assist. *** poor 2nd half performance. Should have been subbed at least twenty minutes earlier.

Albert Adomah (SUB): Didn't play well at all. Had one decent tackle and a few short passes. He lost the ball too often, after walking a few meters with the ball. Not good enough for the bench, if he doesn't run/cross more/better.

Dani Ayala (SUB): Looked really good, when he came on. It made our defense look so much calmer. Playing with great confidence.

David Nugent (SUB): Only played a few minutes. Not much to report about.

Just my 50 cents