oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Sunderland (a) 2-1

I think there was a cross as well that given tipped onto the top of the bar as well.

Yeah I thought Adomah had one tipped onto the bar? Could be wrong. Wasn't essential to my point anyway...

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Valdes only done half a days training yesterday as he felt his hammy tighten so came away from training in the hope it was a minor one.

Ayala has told people around the ground he doesn't think he's ready just yet.

Bernardo looks the real deal, as close to fully fit as he could be without game time and could quite likely make the bench.

Not gospel by any means but it's from someone at the club.

At work this week most the Mackems have been very confident, they think their performance against City was amazing and that we don't have the players to shackle Defoe or people with enough ability to cause them problems. I have a £50 bet with one that we finish higher than them this season the rest wouldn't take me up on it even though their confident!

The more level headed ones see this as a tough game think its hard to judge because we've looked good the times they've seen us and they have watched crap for years and don't know how Moyes will do yet.

Most seem to think Negredo is a bad singing and is past it and would rather have Rhodes and they think without Ayala we will struggle until he is back.

Its one of them if they win its a derby and they will gloat if they lose its not and they will say it doesn't bother them either way I think nerves for both sets of fans are kicking in because they know they need to beat us or risk having another mediocre season and if we are serious about being in this league regardless of this being a derby Sunderland have been one of the worst teams in the Prem for the last 5 years so we really should be at least getting a positive point.

I think there may be a bit of tinkering done to the starting line up. I wouldnt be surprised to see Nsue dropped and Baptiste brought in and possibly Fischer to get a start ahead of Downing or Albert. Apart from De Roon there are no other reports of injuries so thats good news. 

It could be a difficult game but i believe we have enough to beat S`land at their place. Boro to win by 1 goal.

I would be very surprised if Baraggan starts in a position that he hasn't excelled at even with Nsue looking a little vulnerable on Saturday. Full back is a whole different ball game to centre half and the full back position has been pretty important to the way we play.

There's just no way Fischer will start ahead of Downing on Sunday.

I agree. Someone on here suggested when we signed Barragan that, as a more defensively capable, but less attacking, full back than Nsue, he'd be used more against the better teams in the division, and I think that's pretty much how it will go. 

And with Fischer, if he comes in for anyone it will be Adomah, with Downing going over to the right. Not that I'd necessarily agree with that either: we need Adomah's pace to keep van Aanholt quiet.

I never mentioned Barragan, i said Baptiste for Nsue. After all he is a right back.

I've always been a huge fan of Defoe - He reminds me of Hasselbaink with the way he's a great all round striker despite his small frame. Moye's always has his teams well drilled with set pieces so we will need to cut out the cheap fouls if we're going to get anything out of this game. Forshaw and Clayton are tenacious but neither are particularly strong or great at timing their tackles.

Sunderland's game against Man City probably suited Moyes's style as he's a defensively focused manager and he's better suited to putting out a team not to concede, as opposed to one with a large focus on breaking down an organised opposition. Considering the short period of time that he's been manager of Sunderland, he wouldn't have been able to focus on finding the fluidity in the final third so as long as we're organised and don't concede silly fouls in or around the box, I think we'll be well set to cause them lots of frustration to break us down, which will give us a good platform to counter attack on them. Our solidity is even more key away from home as we need to be able to absorb pressure far more. If we concede the first goal in a game then the game plan is pretty much scuppered so the defensive side of our game is going to be key in this game, as well as all season.

Who are Sunderland fans to declare Negredo past it when they've got a nearly 34 year old striker in their team still banging goals in? Age is meaningless with Negredo, especially when he never had any pace in the first place.

Sunderland fans struggle to tell their Mam from their Dad so I wouldn't take much notice of them.

I've always been a huge fan of Defoe - He reminds me of Hasselbaink with the way he's a great all round striker despite his small frame.

Wasn't Hasselbaink about 6ft and over 13 stone? I don't remember him being small.

The mackems seem to really rate Kaboul so I think this is a big blow for them. If only Kone wasn't playing on Sunday, we'd rip them to shreds, especially if Kirchoff is still injured

Seeing as Kone is pretty highly likely to be gone by the end of the window, it is a shame he isn't out already. Hopefully Everton or someone will agree a fee over the weekend and he'll be left out "due to uncertainty about his future" a la Fabio.

Unlikely mind.

Most seem to think Negredo is a bad singing and is past it and would rather have Rhodes and they think without Ayala we will struggle until he is back.

They must be the only set of fans in the country that think Negredo is a bad signing for us.

They've offered him one. £50k a week, reckon he could probably get that if he moved too, though maybe not at Watford. He seemed pretty determined to leave at one point though (transfer request?) so maybe it's not just about the money.