oneBoro Forum

Football Manager 2017

Does anyone know why they haven't/aren't releasing new features? Very strange marketing campaign. Kinda worries me there isn't going to be an improvement on fm16 (Which was the worst fm ever)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know why they haven't/aren't releasing new features? Very strange marketing campaign. Kinda worries me there isn't going to be an improvement on fm16 (Which was the worst fm ever)

They did a similar thing for FM15 I believe. All features are being released within the two weeks leading up to release.

They released the first look at the FM17 engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzWtL8uL_mg

Looks identical to the FM16 engine to me, but when I brought that up with Miles he replied:

"the only bit that looks the same is that there's a game of football going on, Matt." which is worrying that he thinks it looks vastly different to FM16.

I disagree with your bold bit though; it may be your opinion but I think you'd probably find statistically it's their best and most popular to date, although I'm too lazy to find the data for real, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't. It is still in the top 10 peak concurrency chart on Steam.

Thought this years was pretty good tbh, they are probably running out of big things they can really change now though, would like to see a more interactive training system but thats about it.

Like a few have mentioned though, to start with Boro as a prem side will be enough for me to buy it regardless of changes

If anybody wants a cheap football management game, try the APP called Football Chairman. There's a free version and a Pro version, which costs £2.99. It's extremely easy, user friendly, and not full of too much detail. It is also VERY ADDICTIVE! You can get through a season in a day. Start in the 3rd tier of non league.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The weird thing is that in FM17, De Pena is actually rated almost exactly the same as Downing.

Also Gibson is still criminally underrated.

I won't spoil the CA/PA for those that don't like to know but I always check to see how Boro are rated.

Negredo is our best rated player, Valdes & Guzan are both the same rating and De Roon is the best of the 3 midfielders.

I've just bought and booted up a game with Boro. Watch me crash and burn.

Btw what's the difference between the normal and Touch version? Is Touch just a slimmed down version like last years option (which I can't remember what was called)

Think first window is rough. Not a lot of money but the team is lacking in areas such as CM, AM and at LB where Friend doesn't seem good enough. Strangely Bernardo is the highest rated CD.

And Nsue refuses to leave. Need to raise some money.

18 mins played of the first match and the first glitch already appears. Valdes kicks a backpass straight into the neck of Gibson, ball bounces back to Valdes who somhow just stands still and lets the ball bounce off him only for the Bournemouth player to roll the ball into the net. Jesus, you'd think they tested the game for stuff like this.

Haha, at least Negredo scores with a 25 yard shot that the keeper somehow fumbles in. Even 10 men down I get back from 0-2 but the Gibson eventually heads into his own net with the back of his head completely unchallenged. Already I have trouble seeing myself play this game much. Was lloking forward to it, but one game in and I'm already wondering how they can make *** like this.