• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

After avoiding for a couple of weeks due to being burned too many times with shoddy products the last few years I decided to get this today.

Two hours into my first game and the game crashes, losing everything I've done in that two hours. Yeah, I probably won't go back to it.

Of course I went back on that.

Back in again, managed to get the board to agree to a massive increase in wage budget, affording me a lot more room to maneuver in the window. I've managed to sell Stuani and Mejias too.

I've loaned in Boschilla from Monaco to back up Gaston, signed Gonzalo Martinez for left wing and Luan for right wing. Still have about 6mil left to spend, anyone sign any real superstars in their first season for me to go for?

I've found it difficult to get any room in the transferbudget in the first season. No teams will bid for my players even though there are interest in Nsue and Stuani. I've only signed Samba Sow as a DM/CM backup. He is relatively cheap and looks decent. I have a massive amounts of injuries though.

As the last version of this game it's absolutely goals galore and no lead is too big to throw away. In the first game I was trailing 0-2 at half time and came back to 2-2 before losing 3-2 in stoppage time. Second game I was leading 2-0 at half time only to lose 2-3 deep into injury time. In the third game I was leading 3-0 before Watford scored 3 goals between 60-70 mins. Eventually I ended up winning 5-3! So three games in and my score is 9-9 even though I've played a counter attacking 4-3-2-1 formation.

This is definately the last version I'm buying unless it gets more real from now on. Almost every highlight is a goal.

I don't know for certain but I think the goals against decreases as you get more familiar with your tactic as your players will make less mistakes.

Like I said, that's just a guess but based on how my season went where I opened scoring 3-5 goals a game and conceding 3-5 goals a game and then in the middle of the season I dropped to conceding 0-2 goals.

I'm doing my usual San Marino save and haven't had much of an issue with high scoring games, there's the odd one but it wouldn't be football manager without them

Got a nice 4-3-2-1 DM tactic I'm using which got me promoted to serie A (I'm in 2026) , it's very flexible with how you want to play, I've used as a counter , control and an attckig formation depending on the instructions given

I can upload it if anyone would like to give it a try

It's fairly basic and suits my players' attributes so you might need to have a tinker with it but the DM is vital for this formation to work, he needs to have good anticipation and positioning to get the most out of him, decent passing skills would be a bonus too, is job is to break up attacks and quickly set away the players in front of him.

If winning the game late on i usually drop the wingers deeper to protect the full backs.

If the opposition are playing a high line during a game you can switch the Poacher into a DLF if he isn't winning much against the oppponents CB's.

Match training set to Def. Positioning for the majority then Att. Movement against the bottom teams.

It is very basic with not many instructions etc. but it seems to be working for me

You can Download it here:

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/621767/San%20Marino_D170658D-D8AF-4067-842C-2B29A4D066F5.fmf

After holidays and avoiding buying the game to give time for writing, I've finally picked up FM2017 - loaded up a Boro game and raring to go! About to dive back through here for your tips - though it appears Traore is rated as a wonderkid!