oneBoro Forum

Football Manager 2017

Surprised you still have Barragan. He has been gash for me and been replaced by chambers. May offload him in the summer. How does Fischer develop? I'm using him as an inside forward but he never really does anything, so it's a bit of problem area that I have to rectify if I stay up along with a striker and a RB.

How come when I under my tactics set opposition instructions to always mark wingers and wide midfielder tight, tackle hard and press, but when I go into games I always have to do it manually when I get to the opposition instructions screen. I thought it would carry over the instructions I set under my tactics section, just like it does with the team instructions and formation.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Barragan has been outstanding, got an average rating of 7.12 last season, he got a *** tonne of assists and a couple of goals last year, Fischer has done okay, just about holding onto his place in the team, he's a little inconsistent for my liking but is a solid player, I put his individual training on finishing as that was what was lacking from his game

If you need a striker you simply have to get berahino, 28 league goals last season and a ridiculous amount of potential, he's available on a free transfer (3m compensation) I've had offers of 25m for him this summer that I've turned down.

As for the opposition instructions I normally leave them to my assistant so not really sure on that.

• 1 month later...

Havin played 10 games and only earned 2 points in the second season I have simply given up. Can't turn it around. Nothing seems to work and all my players are ***ed off.

Note to all: Don't promise new signings that you will improve the team because you can never improve enough for them to be happy. They will get mad and affect all other players.

• 8 months later...

Downloaded the new database and I'm absolutely killing the league sitting top after 30 games with 15 points down to third place. Playing a standard 4-3-3 and scoring loads of goals. Braithwaite-Britt-Bamford is a fierce attack.

Biggest challenge is recruiting the right players In the summer. That's where I usually fail:)

Just googled it. Can't remember where from. I'll see if I can find out later on. I'm going to need two new midfielders though in the summer. A ball winning CM and a box-to-box. Any suggestions?

Think it was here: http://www.fmscout.com/c-fm17-data-updates.html

Play a front three of Braithwaite,Britt,Bamford and direct play and your promoted. They'll all get a ton of goals and assists. Sometimes switch to Traore on the right wing and Braithwaite left wing.

I got a 100 points. Britt scored 24, Braithwaite 22 and Bamford 21 in a three man attack. Gestede was a very good backup to have as a targetman in the middle.

Have signed Kolasinac, Delaney, Imbula as starters and Onazi as backup along with Lombaerts. Have also signed a much better assistant and a few better coaches. Paid Downing 2 million to leave as I was over my wage budget with his wages. I didn't realize it was that expensive until my assistant confirmed the mutual release. Maybe should have let him stay to make up the numbers.

Won the first game 5-2 at home against Muff and lost the second game away at qpr which I dominated.

Got bored of the Boro save so went back to my old San Marino game, Managed to sign this beauty on a free transfer a few years back.

757D9CBE4B9C4E6F757E8B22908FA96A4D6F23A6

Got a load of interest in him over the years, value has started to decrease a little so looking to get roughly £40m for him over the summer, should allow me to upgrade the stadium/training to help achieve my overall goal of winning something with the national team

• 2 weeks later...

Currently doing well with my narrow 4-3-3 in the prem. Sitting second after 14 games. 9 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses. Draws at home against ***nal and Chelsea and won away against city.

Britt second in the scoring charts and Christie with the highest average ratings in the prem. Gibson also doing really well and Delaney has been a massive signing in the center of the park.