oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JimPlattsGloves

Stoke on TV today

It will be interesting to watch Stoke City play Man City and compare with last week and to judge the Boro performance. It was difficult for me to see how good/Bad we are in this league.

That's true, but I thought the big lad in midfield for them bossed it once De Roon went off, not saying Clayton or Forshaw played badly but he looked strong. I want to see if the SC fullbacks are as poor today. I thought Friend waltzed past Bardsley on a few occasions. The big blond lad up front looked strong against us; will he today?

Imbula was the lad in the middle, he's something else. I thought he looked great when he first signed for Stoke last year too so I always expected him to be a big challenge for us. I thought considering his clear talent we dealt with him quite well. Think he's surely going to be a big part of whatever Stoke do well this season too and it might well be the stepping stone to bigger things in the next couple of years.

You can't compare us against City. If they smash Stoke today does that mean we're ***? Last week was a very good point against a very accomplished side.

You can't compare us against City. If they smash Stoke today does that mean we're ***? Last week was a very good point against a very accomplished side.

Totally agree with your point, my post wasn't about Boro being Good/Bad if Stoke City win or lose. It was about individual battles and pointers to help me see if we are up to this league. The result today will certainly not tell me how good/bad we are but will help along the way to assist my judgement. Tomorrow will be another challenge due to the close proximity of Wear/Tees and will help me see where we are.

Welcome to the forum, JPG.

I'll be interested to see whether they hassle Caballero as much as they did Valdes although crowding the keeper does seem to be a regular feature of their game.

Mike Dean has just played a longer than usual advantage like Friend did last week. Perhaps it is a new instruction to refs

Stoke being outplayed right across the pitch at the moment, 2 - 0 down and they cannot really argue with that score. If this was a horse race you would not back Boro next time out on the handicap, thank God it's football.

Wow two penalties so far given by Mike Dean for pushing and holding in the box, if this is carried on by other referees then we will be looking at half a dozen penalties a game, karanka must get this across to our lot tomorrow. City 2 - 1 up now.

We won't see half a dozen penalties a game, just like we haven't in this game. The one against Sterling was soft as anything, levelling it up for the definite penalty they should've had in the first half.

Stoke denied a free kick because they took the advantage. Within 2 seconds they lose the ball and no free kick given. There's no consistency is there...

We won't see half a dozen penalties a game, just like we haven't in this game. The one against Sterling was soft as anything, levelling it up for the definite penalty they should've had in the first half.

Just quoting the commentator. It is nice to see the new guidelines being followed though as the holding and pushing in the box has become really silly.

Just quoting the commentator. It is nice to see the new guidelines being followed though as the holding and pushing in the box has become really silly.

sterling wasnt looking at the ball, just impeding shawcross thats why it was given i think.

back to stoke, they were pedestrian at best. never showed any fight for most of the game. second half against us they did but basically they played like the first half against us but all game. proves if we did go 2-0 up it would have been game over like we suspected.