oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Fulham (A) (EFL Cup Round 2) 1-2 aet

To be fair in Aitor's defence I can't imagine he thought he'd have to play Guzan in goal Baptiste RB with Nsue RW and Downing CAM 3 games into the season.

Then again this is what life without Gaston looks like it ain't pretty. Might be a bit of a wake up because we've been rather timid in attack the whole game with Nugent running himself into the ground with little support from the 3 behind.

well in this cup rotation is normal so I belive he had planned to play a simular team that he did today even if all players been fit. Then ofc the injuries in the game messed things abit a bit

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Rhodes not played a single minutes so far I think is what make people think he will be leaving. And also that it seemed from start that Karanka never wanted him

I still haven't seen any clear evidence of this, either. We'd been chasing him for a long time before we actually got him, that's a fact. AK had made public comments about Rhodes in the summer before we signed him, that's a fact and it certainly seemd to be trying to force Blackburn's hands. He was the first-choice striker in the run-in barring the final game, that's a fact. None of those things say to me that he wasn't wanted by our manager.

our head coach... we dont have a manager..... but I stop with that :)

well he gone from 1st to 3rd choice all of  a sudden then, even if he was our best scorer pre season. I thought McCormack was our first choice? That Gibson been after Rhodes a long time thats true.

I knew you'd mention McCormack and to be honest, yes, that's the general consensus we were getting in January.

But how does that account for Aitor's comments on Rhodes in the summer? Quick answer, it doesn't.

AK winding Rhodes up, what a manager.

Taken us from 16th in the championship to the premier league, agree with you

Ask Craig Higgnet  what he thinks of him  :rolleyes:

Why does it matter what a league 2 manager thinks of him?

Ask mourinho what he thinks of him.......

Rhodes not played a single minutes so far I think is what make people think he will be leaving. And also that it seemed from start that Karanka never wanted him

I still haven't seen any clear evidence of this, either. We'd been chasing him for a long time before we actually got him, that's a fact. AK had made public comments about Rhodes in the summer before we signed him, that's a fact and it certainly seemd to be trying to force Blackburn's hands. He was the first-choice striker in the run-in barring the final game, that's a fact. None of those things say to me that he wasn't wanted by our manager.

our head coach... we dont have a manager..... but I stop with that :)

well he gone from 1st to 3rd choice all of  a sudden then, even if he was our best scorer pre season. I thought McCormack was our first choice? That Gibson been after Rhodes a long time thats true.

I knew you'd mention McCormack and to be honest, yes, that's the general consensus we were getting in January.

But how does that account for Aitor's comments on Rhodes in the summer? Quick answer, it doesn't.

I dont realy take much serious what they say to media. Bur yes you have a point that he played Rhodes a lot last season, but that might also been down to options. We had Nugent and Kike Sola.... Now both Negredo and Nugent is ahead, ofc its nice to have Rhodes as a third option, not many teams have that quality at that level :)

2 thoughts!

Get shot of guzan! Sounds like he made exactly the same mistake as against sunderland.

Everytime we were going forward, it sounded like we constantly slowed it down and came back! What the hell, sort it out man!

Ok, i was only listening to the match, but thats my impression

2 thoughts!

Get shot of guzan! Sounds like he made exactly the same mistake as against sunderland.

Everytime we were going forward, it sounded like we constantly slowed it down and came back! What the hell, sort it out man!

Ok, i was only listening to the match, but thats my impression

The ball deflected over him...