oneBoro Forum
typicalbrough

Boro vs Fulham (A) (EFL Cup Round 2) 1-2 aet

What happened to Fabio???

Sounds like he took a knock, got up and crossed to set up Nugent's goal, but was limping and went off immediately after.

What happened to Fabio???

Sky said some sort of collision. Not much else

Guest Changing Times

Shame for the lad. Hopefully nothing too bad.

This has to be the least eventful half of football ever if this forum is anything to go by!

The thought of us being an injury away from having a 31 year old David Nugent lead the line for us in the Premier League is very worrying. Hopefully we have a better striker lined up because it seems AK really doesn't fancy Rhodes for whatever reason.

Because AK is a pr ck maybe? Just a thought.

TOTALLY agree with what you're saying about David Nugent.

The thought of us being an injury away from having a 31 year old David Nugent lead the line for us in the Premier League is very worrying. Hopefully we have a better striker lined up because it seems AK really doesn't fancy Rhodes for whatever reason.

No need

Guest Changing Times

Just realised there's no Reach or de Pena on the bench either. Mind you there's also no Adomah. Are any of them injured?

Sounds like we're sitting on our lead a little bit, Fulham a couple chances.

Weird. Doesn't sound like us!?

• Like 1

Guest Changing Times

Because he doesn't rate Rhodes?  Give your head a shake fella.  If he doesn't rate him then he doesn't rate him bloody hell.  It's Jordan Rhodes not Luis Suarez.

Get a grip ffs

No need

You are right, it was a bit direct. But I reckon he could have a tendency of being a bit of one. Direct comment from Karanka in an interview recently was that he learned from Mourinho how to deal with his players. Hardly a glowing endorsement is it.

Look at what happened to Mourinho at Chelsea last season. Bit of a player mutiny. Once he was sacked some of his underperforming players became great again. Something was going on behind the scenes.

Karanka possibly involved in his own player bust up last season too; although I accept that none of know exactly what went on.

Didn't realise you knew him.

Guest Changing Times

You might have a point about man management but if he thinks Nugent is the better bet then like it or not that's who he's going to pick. I still don't think Karanka wanted Rhodes, I know some people think otherwise but I just don't think he is what Karanka wants in a forward. You think about Negredo and he's like a much much much better version of Kike. That's what Karanka wants. Rhodes is just a very different type of player to that.

Your entitled to your opinion if you don't like Karanka you don't like him simple as that.

No one can blame AK for starting Nugent tonight as he has already scored. Just like you couldn't say it was a mistake to start Stuani on Sunday. Maybe AK just knows his players better than we do?

I'd like to know how Fischer does and if he is isolated on the left.

• Latest Posts

• The last section is the exact reason Wigan won't win their appeal. The EFL simply refuse to acknowledge that their set of tests is not fit for purpose. They even then mention another case where that was evident (Bury).
    • The owners haven't massively overspent and run the club into the ground. From what I have seen Wigan is/are a fairly well run club in terms of finances (in a football sense anyway). But the owners have literally used the club for some very murky reason. They sold the club to a new owner (a fund) that the old owner was the majority shareholder in. Then immediately installed a new majority shareholder to the fund that now own Wigan. That shareholder bizarrely has no online footprint at all, other than everything related to him owning Wigan. This man then on the exact same day he has acquired the club has placed it in administration. It is that reason that Wigan are appealing the decision. All of the above of course was signed off by the EFL themselves. Which opens a whole new can of worms.
    • https://www.efl.com/news/2020/july/efl-update-wigan-athletic/   Here is the latest statement by the EFL on the Wigan situation. I agree with a lot of what they say up until they start trying to defend their fit and proper test.
    • Apologies when I said 1/4 of the creditors, I was meaning 25p out of the £. I should have made that clearer. In terms of our situation in 1986 I'm not too well versed with the details (as it was before my time). But I'm pretty sure we were going into Liquidation rather than administration.  I also imagine that the EFL regulations/rules have been updated since 1986.  
    • As far as I can tell it's the only argument that they can even try to make, and even that's weak AF.