oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Fulham (A) (EFL Cup Round 2) 1-2 aet

haha wow Rhodes still doesn't start. Definitely leaning to the "he's on the way out" camp now.

Shame, I'm one of his biggest fans.

Nugent was always going to start since he's going to be second fiddle to Negredo as things stand. Don't see Rhodes staying as 3rd choice though.

Sorry but saying nugent was always going to start is just plain crap. I'm amazed Rhodes isn't starting. To me it's 100% clear karanka wants him out based on this selection.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Goes from not being on the bench to being on the bench and people question that as adding to the rumours?

Strange.

I'd sooner question the lack of Adomah after the weekend. Not started the season at all well, could be a punishment? I'm sure its likely just an injury though.

haha wow Rhodes still doesn't start. Definitely leaning to the "he's on the way out" camp now.

Shame, I'm one of his biggest fans.

Nugent was always going to start since he's going to be second fiddle to Negredo as things stand. Don't see Rhodes staying as 3rd choice though.

Sorry but saying nugent was always going to start is just plain crap. I'm amazed Rhodes isn't starting. To me it's 100% clear karanka wants him out based on this selection.

Nugent is second choice to Negredo, of course he was going to start tonight. AK wasn't going to pluck Rhodes out of thin air and put him straight into the side tonight.

Goes from not being on the bench to being on the bench and people question that as adding to the rumours?

Strange.

I'd sooner question the lack of Adomah after the weekend. Not started the season at all well, could be a punishment? I'm sure its likely just an injury though.

Surely you can't be surprised about Adomah he's been a mess in the first two games he's lucky to still be training with the first team. Rhodes has 0 injury concerns he's the most expensive striker in the clubs history it'd not be out of the question he should be a shoe-in to start a cup game.

We'll see come September 1st but the signs aren't good you don't drop a club record signing after he's had a solid preseason because of tactical reasons. These are the big calls Aitor is making on our attacking unit we should be prepared to judge him on these calls they are the biggest calls he's made all summer this late into it.

Strange.

Surely you can't be surprised about Adomah he's been a mess in the first two games he's lucky to still be training with the first team. Rhodes has 0 injury concerns he's the most expensive striker in the clubs history it'd not be out of the question he should be a shoe-in to start a cup game.

We'll see come September 1st but the signs aren't good you don't drop a club record signing after he's had a solid preseason because of tactical reasons. These are the big calls Aitor is making on our attacking unit we should be prepared to judge him on these calls they are the biggest calls he's made all summer this late into it.

Alves?

The thought of us being an injury away from having a 31 year old David Nugent lead the line for us in the Premier League is very worrying. Hopefully we have a better striker lined up because it seems AK really doesn't fancy Rhodes for whatever reason.

Is it not just as likely that with Nugent starting Rhodes will come on during the second half so that we then have two back up strikers to Negrado with game time ready for Sunday at the Hawthornes Mind if Rhodes gets no, or little, minutes tonight then I just might jump into the 'goodbye Jordan' camp. I hope De Sart has a good game tonight and also is the move forward of Nsue a sign of times to come, with Barragan replacing him as first choice full back? Oh Aitor, so many questions you are setting us!