oneBoro Forum

Jordan "Jock" Rhodes.

Well, Jordan Rhides is NOT in the Scotland team, our strikers are Griffiths, Chris Martin, S. Fletcher and Steve Naismith.

By the way, I was being sarcastic when I said what I said regarding the "your lot" quote lol.

Rhodes doesn't really strike me as the type of player Strachan would like.  He likes players that put a shift in or offer some physicality as least.  Not playing won't help either.  I think if he was scoring goals regularly in the Premier League that he'd have to select him in the squad but as it stands you can't blame Strachan for not picking him.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Just out of interest, Strachan did get you to a cup final didn't he!?

I really do not understand all the Strachan slaters, its same with Scotland fans, there were large sections of the support calling for his sacking after last campaign with blame for Georgia loss solely down to him in these fans minds.

In my opinion, he needs this campaign because we are becoming a nation that want change after nearly EVERY failed campaign but who realistically could replace him, the Strachan slaters cannot name one but do say "someone foreign", yeah, like that is the answer!!

I am not 100% pro Strachan lol but on the same hand, do not want change yet, yes at the end of next campaign if we have failed again.

In my opinion, Gordon won't be short of offers when he finally leaves his Scotland manager position ;-).

Ah feck, knew it was some tiny team hahahaha, forgot he was at Southampton.

When did he manage you guys, was it before or after his time at Celtic?

Tiny team? Booooooo

He had about a 28% win rate for a team looking for promotion. He spent a significant amount of money in both transfer fees and wages on Scott McDonald, Steve McManus, Kris Boyd, Barry Robson, Kevin Thomson, Miller (forgot his first name) and Willo Flood. The only one who provided any real worth was Robson. Halliday was another pointless signing but at least he was young so can forgive him if he saw some potential.

The Miller signing seemed more like a favour to Aberdeen. His strategy just seemed to be to buy players from Rangers and Celtic and hope they were good enough for the Championship.

The only good thing people are thankful for is that he resigned and didn't take all the money he was entitled to. Everything else about his time here was a disaster.

He had about a 28% win rate for a team looking for promotion. He spent a significant amount of money in both transfer fees and wages on Scott McDonald, Steve McManus, Kris Boyd, Barry Robson, Kevin Thomson, Miller (forgot his first name) and Willo Flood. The only one who provided any real worth was Robson. Halliday was another pointless signing but at least he was young so can forgive him if he saw some potential.

The Miller signing seemed more like a favour to Aberdeen. His strategy just seemed to be to buy players from Rangers and Celtic and hope they were good enough for the Championship.

The only good thing people are thankful for is that he resigned and didn't take all the money he was entitled to. Everything else about his time here was a disaster.

Was it Charlie Miller?

Was it Charlie Miller?

Lee Miller, plays for Falkirk now.

The last time we hired a Scottish gaffer who brought in Scottish players, he destroyed our finances and nearly sent us tumbling down to League One. So no thank you!

Strachan didn't destroy our finances, they were 'destroyed' long before he ever became manager.

Agreed, we'd been buying too many ageing players with no resale value and high wages. Being in the Premier League allowed that. How many millions of debt was it that Gibson had to write off again?

Just out of interest, Strachan did get you to a cup final didn't he!?

I really do not understand all the Strachan slaters, its same with Scotland fans, there were large sections of the support calling for his sacking after last campaign with blame for Georgia loss solely down to him in these fans minds.

In my opinion, he needs this campaign because we are becoming a nation that want change after nearly EVERY failed campaign but who realistically could replace him, the Strachan slaters cannot name one but do say "someone foreign", yeah, like that is the answer!!

I am not 100% pro Strachan lol but on the same hand, do not want change yet, yes at the end of next campaign if we have failed again.

In my opinion, Gordon won't be short of offers when he finally leaves his Scotland manager position ;-).

He's done well for Scotland mate but if he hadn't walked out with us then he'd have fallen down to league 1. He was terrible for us from start to end. I wanted to die.

Steven Fletcher (Sheffield Wednesday), Leigh Griffiths (Celtic), Chris Martin (Derby County), Steven Naismith (Norwich City) are the forwards named in Scotland's 27 man squad.

I reckon if I was Jordan Rhodes I'd be pretty cheesed off being left out behind those other players.

The last time we hired a Scottish gaffer who brought in Scottish players, he destroyed our finances and nearly sent us tumbling down to League One. So no thank you!

Strachan didn't destroy our finances, they were 'destroyed' long before he ever became manager.

Agreed, we'd been buying too many ageing players with no resale value and high wages. Being in the Premier League allowed that. How many millions of debt was it that Gibson had to write off again?

'Destroyed our finances' is a bit of a liberal description. Before Strachan came in our finances were manageable. He brought in players with no resale value for high wages on long contracts for relatively big fees. He crippled our previously stable ability to sign players for what was basically 3/4's of Mowbray's tenure. That was until Mowbray restructured.

Strachan was a ***ing disaster at every level.