Boro vs West Bromwich Albion (A) 0-0

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Ayala looked solid as always, no coincidence that our first clean sheet comes when he returns. Forshaw very good. Downing and Clayton tidy as always.

Happy with the point, less happy with the lack of any clear cut opportunities, final third is a real worry. Nsue was very poor at times, lost count of the number of attacks that broke down from him smashing a cross into a defender

Well, what a wonderful advert that was for Premier League football. Probably the most predictable nil nil draw in the history of the game. We got a clean sheet so that's a positive as we haven't managed it so far. Gibson for the most part looked good against a decent striker in Rondon. Clayton and Forshaw looked solid in midfield. Barragan to be fair looked ok defensively. Negredo was feeding on scraps but still looked good when he had the opportunity to do so.

Ramirez was quiet again, which should be a concern for us. Nsue was poor, Downing a bit brighter in the second half but has a PhD in passing the buck. Stuani was Stuani, exactly like I said last week. Ayala looked rusty at times but I felt got a bit better. Guzan didn't have much to do.

We need some better attacking options and we really need to be able to adapt to a left back not being in the side. Five points from the first three games is a solid start however albeit without the trickiest first three games. I think we've played at least two of the poorest sides in the division now and Stoke don't look as good as they were last season either. I think we need a minimum of two new attacking players before the window shuts and I think it's ridiculous that we're in that situation a few days before it ends having already signed 10 players now is it?

Positives I took from that:

Forshaw looked tidy once again for us he's putting in a hell of a shift.

Barragan once again was a defensive god sometimes he got a bit too tight but rather that than Nsue's 5 yard gap approach to jockeying.

Guzan was better beside his kicking but nonetheless want Valdes in ASAP.

Without wingers attacking fullbacks we basically went too cautious in wide areas too often which ruined alot of attacks but the positive is we still managed a few good chances in spite of our poor wide areas.

Ramirez played well he just sometimes gets dragged a bit too wide or deep leaving Negredo isolated but with more support from attacking midfielders that will be fixed in time.

We miss Ayala's range of long passing when he's not there he picked out some beauties today I wish Nsue had his range of passing.

5 points from 3 games anyone moaning needs a reality check. Excellent start to the season. I think we're one or two attacking midfielders away from a very good side.

that was a tactically perfect game by karanka, never gave them a sniff and had several opportunities to get the goal to win it. unfortunately we wasted them.

well done boro, we really are close to being a very good team. put friend at lb and barra at rb the defence is class, forshaw and clayton are very good, downing is good enough and i can see his confidence coming back with every game. negredo is class, gaston is tops, stuani is filling in and doing a good job until we sign a real big money winger.

we still have re roon, espinosa and fischer to get a run in the team and leadbitter to get back fit. rhodes still to get a kick to. we are well set although we do really need to add that winger into the team.

Happy enough with that point. Both sides were clearly set up for the point and neither ever really looked like scoring.

Having said that our ability to cross a ball is horrendous, not one single player on that team today was consistent with their crossing. Nsue was absolutely hopeless going forward, we were unbelievably narrow as Downing decided he was going to impersonate the invisible man again and Stuani isn't a winger

That all looks a bit doom and gloom so I'll add that we looked really solid defensively, we won't concede many with Gibbo and Ayala at the back. I thought Forshaw was superb and Clayton was back to his usual self

Good point definitely. Just need to focus on not losing our away games, so I'm happy with that.

Rubbish game to watch though. Both sides were awful attacking. Never felt like we were going to score, never felt like we were going to concede...

Do we?  What happens if/when we don't win our home games (like Stoke)?  I think we need to focus on getting wins from wherever we can get them and I think we have a better chance against the weaker sides, whether we're home or away.

5 points from 3 games anyone moaning needs a reality check. Excellent start to the season. I think we're one or two attacking midfielders away from a very good side.

Hooray, the voice of reason

I honestly don't think anybody's complaining about getting a point though?