oneBoro Forum

Boro v Crystal Palace 1-2

What a terrible start to the half - Friend at fault for both goals for me.

I thought we looked fairly clueless going forward first half and I didn't see us scoring - until Ayala's goal from a set piece. For me Fischer --- Downing --- Stuani is not a great attacking midfield.

Big difference with Palace - Townsend and Zaha are prepared to run at our backline.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Having had another look at their goal - Benteke has peeled off Ayala and he hasnt noticed, but Barragan should actually see Benteke there and go to challenge him. Anyway not gunna nit pick it anymore, Its Downings Ayala's and Barragan's fault basically :)

I think you can include Friend too; it's miscommunication between him and Downing between who is closing down who, Downing appears to be pointing at the Palace RB, thinking Friend will handle Zaha.

Nah Friend was definitely clearly calling it, as captain, and as the defender in the situation, he should take priority.

He was, however, entirely at fault for that second... He's really not had a good game overall (so far).

Ive noticed he is usually really bad when returning from injuries

Having had another look at their goal - Benteke has peeled off Ayala and he hasnt noticed, but Barragan should actually see Benteke there and go to challenge him. Anyway not gunna nit pick it anymore, Its Downings Ayala's and Barragan's fault basically :)

I think you can include Friend too; it's miscommunication between him and Downing between who is closing down who, Downing appears to be pointing at the Palace RB, thinking Friend will handle Zaha.

Nah Friend was definitely clearly calling it, as captain, and as the defender in the situation, he should take priority.

He was, however, entirely at fault for that second... He's really not had a good game overall (so far).

You could just as easily say as the captain and defender he should take responsibility - two really bad goals to concede all round though, defensive errors that we arent used to under AK

I guess that highlights the difference in the league's. Smallest of errors from George. They score

It wasn't a small error it was a bloody huge one!

They scored so was costly. Make then of it what you will.