oneBoro Forum

Boro v Crystal Palace 1-2

Not a big analysis from me as I hate thinking too long on losses. Just two reasons why we lost today I think:

1. Ramirez' absence. Clearly he couldn't have started today, but had we not have had the international window to scupper things I am quite convinced we would have won today. Palace were ragged with him in the middle (albeit with arguably fresher legs).
  2. Most disappointingly - defensive mistakes. Both goals easily attributable to poor defending rather than any attacking prowess from Palace.

Could mention the penalty shout too, stonewall, and that leaves an extra bitter taste in the mouth. But we wouldn't have needed it if not for the two points above.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Good cameo's from De Roon and Adama so that's a positive hope they both start next game.

But disappointed in Friend for that second it was absolutely avoidable. We'll improve as names come back into the starting XI I think today Palace's wingers really got them the win we matched them in almost every other department by the end.

Another reminder that we desperately need at least one creative player and potentially another with some pace. Penalties shouts or not we just didn't create enough until the last 10 minutes and Negredo was left isolated again. If Ramirez gets crocked we're in trouble. I think without Ramirez Karanka needs to adapt the formation.

On the plus side Fischer was okay but he doesn't seem like a 10 to me. He was trying to play off Negredo instead of trying to create and it could have worked if Negredo had dropped off deep.

Traore did well. Pacey and got in some nice crosses. I was pleased with his performance. I'll still miss Adomah mind.

Its doesnt matter.AK will play the team he wants, not the one we deseve or the one to win the game....why cant people see this..totally stuck in his ways, cannot adapt, lacks experiance and williness, will be found out in this league...utb always but no to AK

Its doesnt matter.AK will play the team he wants, not the one we deseve or the one to win the game....why cant people see this..totally stuck in his ways, cannot adapt, lacks experiance and williness, will be found out in this league...utb always but no to AK

To be fair to Karanka his subs were spot on today. Great timing too for De Roon and Ramirez.

Can't adapt? He saw we needed more umph and brought on Ramirez and de Roon for two players who hadn't done much within 10 minutes of the second half starting. He saw that we were on top and brought on Traore to run at tired legs. Both adaptations nearly paid off.

We lost, but i have a feeling good things will come. When Clayton isn't on the field, we actually can get forward. Ramirez is class too, when he is not getting booked. Traore... Let him start the next game. Decent debut for us in a difficult game. Barragan was good too. Friend.. hmmm .. He didn't have his best game, and oh my god he can't give the ball the right touch, when attacking.. Negredo is a workhorse, but he needs more to work with.. He will only get that, when we attack like in the 2nd half here...

I think you're misattributing our lack of attacking play with Clayton playing poorly. He was replaced with De Roon, who is no more attacking than Clayton (and wasn't today). Neither of their jobs is to contribute to attack. The reason we attacked better after the subs was because of Ramirez. Not to say Clayton had a good game, because he was at best average for me, but not the reason we couldn't get forward.

Adama looked positive but he was given free reign to run at defenders with no defensive duties at all. No way he will start next game in my opinion, still too raw in AK's well-drilled system. He does make one hell of an impact sub for chasing the game though.