oneBoro Forum

Boro v Crystal Palace 1-2

The thing is though CT is how much does proven quality cost in your eyes.

Looking at some of the movement this year if you want a proven premier league player you need to spend massive money.

I feel we have built a squad that can compete in the league to avoid the drop with out having to break the bank.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at some of the movement this year if you want a proven premier league player you need to spend massive money.

I feel we have built a squad that can compete in the league to avoid the drop with out having to break the bank.

If you look at what we paid for Fischer, Traore and Fabio, plus the sales of Reach and Adomah we could have bought a quality player in, Townsend went for £13mil,Redmond £11 mill and not everyone's cuppa but I'd have put a bid in for Matt Ritchie went to the Geordie's for £10 mill.

Look at it like this, if the season ended on Saturday and we had the summer window ahead of us what positions would people be saying we need to strengthen in?

a top draw rb, lb and at least 1 top draw attacker.

I know 4 games is way to short to judge anything on but as each game goes by you see where we come up short.

I think what we have in the full back positions will be nothing more or less than 'fine' for this season, but come May if we want to progress again then those are the first positions id look at improving.

If you look at what we paid for Fischer, Traore and Fabio, plus the sales of Reach and Adomah we could have bought a quality player in, Townsend went for £13mil,Redmond £11 mill and not everyone's cuppa but I'd have put a bid in for Matt Ritchie went to the Geordie's for £10 mill.

Also nacer chadli, not a super star or anything but a big improvement on what we have, was both available and affordable.

Also nacer chadli, not a super star or anything but a big improvement on what we have, was both available and affordable.

Yep good shout, the thing is the majority sat on this forum deadline day waiting for a big announcement that we'd signed a player that was going to improve us offensively and it never happened despite us been short in that department, now everyone's worried what happens if Ramirez gets crocked, well the truth is we will have to cope as best as we can, that's the way it is.

That's true, but after all the hype we got about karankas contacts, ortas contacts and expert scouts should we not have been better prepared?

As it stands unless there's some fitness/attitude issue is even take sessegnon on a free for the season.

Are people really surprised that we lost yesterday? Karanka's style is based around being cautious. In an ideal world, we would all love to see fast and free flowing attacking football.

But, that would leave us vulnerable at the back. We are a defensively minded team and I think over the course of the season we will be okay due to grinning out results (drawing more than we lose).

But in the meantime, yes we are finding out feet and play 'negative' football. But that's been us the whole time during Karanka, why are people so surprised about it now?

Are people really surprised that we lost yesterday? Karanka's style is based around being cautious. In an ideal world, we would all love to see fast and free flowing attacking football.

But, that would leave us vulnerable at the back. We are a defensively minded team and I think over the course of the season we will be okay due to grinning out results (drawing more than we lose).

But in the meantime, yes we are finding out feet and play 'negative' football. But that's been us the whole time during Karanka, why are people so surprised about it now?

Not surprised, its Karanka's style that's how it is whether we like it or not, it wouldn't change if we'd been in the PL for the last 5 years.

Look at it like this, if the season ended on Saturday and we had the summer window ahead of us what positions would people be saying we need to strengthen in?

I know 4 games is way to short to judge anything on but as each game goes by you see where we come up short.

I think what we have in the full back positions will be nothing more or less than 'fine' for this season, but come May if we want to progress again then those are the first positions id look at improving.

a top drawer rb lb and attacker???? are we in the champions league in this imaginary summer window  :D :D :D :D

in the next match valdes lets in a soft goal, ayala gets sent off. will this read we need a top drawer GK, cb and attacker??????????

or we then put 4 past spurs, we are going to win the league the squad is fine.  :D :D :D :D

really pointless over analysing every fine detail of every game. we've just gone up and even after winning pardumb(pardew) said we didnt even look like a newly promoted team.

as much as i'm not a fan of pardew he is pretty honest usually. we are an accomplished side now with some real quality in the first 11. we started slow last season too, we'll hit our stride before to long and put in a few top draw performances and get a few great results. everyone will settle down and it wont become pani stations until we hit a proper bad run later in the season (every team has one at some point)

really pointless over analysing every fine detail of every game. we've just gone up and even after winning pardumb(pardew) said we didnt even look like a newly promoted team.

Isn't it kind of in Pardews best interests bigging us up a bit? We should've got a draw out of the game and had his team pressed back in their own half for the majority of the second half. By saying that we were better than he'd expect that makes their narrow victory look better than it actually was, and makes him look better (a thing Alan Pardew loves to do).

It's going to get ugly real soon when we lose a few games in a row. Ridiculous man, we only need to average 1 point per game. We're not in the Championship anymore where we could cherry pick where our points are to come from. Fans need to accept we are now a small fish in a big pond.

It's going to get ugly real soon when we lose a few games in a row. Ridiculous man, we only need to average 1 point per game. We're not in the Championship anymore where we could cherry pick where our points are to come from. Fans need to accept we are now a small fish in a big pond.

Who, specifically, isn't accepting that?

Why?  Are you going to start a thread about what's gone wrong?  Again.

You know that you're not impressing anyone so please please give it a ***ing rest Mr Superfan.

Why?  Are you going to start a thread about what's gone wrong?  Again.

You know that you're not impressing anyone so please please give it a *** rest Mr Superfan.

I'm convinced there are two people posting under KMs account.

Who, specifically, isn't accepting that?

All the bedwetters from Saturday. ;)