• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst thing about The Journey is the bloody out of date squads

Absolutely, I'm a bit confused as to why they couldn't update them with that part of the game. After all, apart from the players which have to appear (which aren't specific to clubs), all the players are just sort of there and don't say or do anything different from club to club.

SPOILER: I went on loan to Villa and played with Adama in my team but otherwise playing with Adomah at Boro. ARGH.

But I will say that the Riverside looks divine

It doesn't half! It's absolutely amazing! I love that they got the chants in and that there's a good variety too!

The first time I heard the fans belt out "One Stevie Gibson!"... :heart:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone playing ultimate team? If so what squads do you have and who's in them? Any hidden gems you've found?

nlzu2v.png

Leno, Lahm, Toprak, Hummels, Rodriguez, Muller, Douglas Costa, Gotze, Draxler, Reus, Hernandez

Subs & Reserves: Sommer, Piszczek, Howedes, Martinez, Konoplyanka, Schmelzer, Thiago, Volland, Bellerabi, Luis Gustavo, Vierinha, Werner.

I've got a Prem team playing 4-3-3 (false 9) that's entirely focused on possession. I think at the moment the first XI is:

Karius

Coleman Blind Vertonghen Kolarov

Xhaka Cazorla Herrera

Sissoko Firmino Wijnaldum

Second XI

Valdes

Debuchy Espinosa Stones Clichy

Alli Wanyama Henderson

Lamela Perez Nolito

Herrera is one of my favourite players. So good in possession. I think my least favourite is Alli, seems to lack agility and in this system is playing too deep.

What I love about this formation is that I can play full matches in Ultra Defensive and still score goals, mostly because people get frustrated about not having the ball, get bored and start coming out of position to try and win it back. I'm thinking what's missing is a bit more pace on the wings but the players I have there are really good passers, which is the first attribute I look at.