Boro vs Everton (A) 1-3

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

All I'm seeing on twitter etc is criticism of our defense. Our defense was never going to be able to win us as many points as it did last year, it's just not possible with this quality of opposition. Our worry shouldn't be our defense as for the most part it is decent enough to form part of a team that can avoid relegation. Our attack in it's current state, however, is not.

Because in that first half, they were pretty terrible... They were massively unorganised, and Valdes didn't particularly instill me with confidence with some of the balls he attempted to come out for.

Disappointing game.

Ramirez and Forshaw the negatives for me especially and why did AK bring on Clayton at the end with Traore sitting there?

Forshaw was one bad tackle away from being sent off wasn't he?

Yes he was, but if he is going to make that call it had to happen 20 minutes earlier. I'm actually surprised Forshaw managed  to stay on the park.

All round poor performance after the first twenty minutes. Only De Roon comes away from it looking good in my opinion.

The biggest takeaway from that game for me though was how Friend has now struggled against three/four players this season. Zaha, Januzaj, Bolasie/Coleman aren't exactly the highest standard he'll face this season so it's worrying.

A good bit of fire from Friend there. Could do with more of that across the pitch.

I don't think we have lacked fire. Just quality.

Can I have a bit of both?

What you do behind closed doors is none of my business.

Something to liven up the evening then :D

Least we did better than sunderland!

All we have to do this year is be better than 3 other teams. We're currently on track to do that.

I'd be willing to bet we had the 'easiest' start to the season out of all 20 teams.

I'm nott going to disagree with that because i don't the time or energy to research other teams starts to the season. But out of the games we had I would of expected 4-6 points. Which we have. The only game that I would of said we should win would have been palace at home, oddly we lost. But I would never of banked on a win away from home in sunderland, i'd of taken a point on the first game of the season vs what before the season was began was a side aiming for top 8, a point away to a Pulis team is always solid.  Then away to everton I had chalked down as a loss.

I.e below Team - Points I was expecting - points gained (my opinion of course)

Stoke H - 1 - 1

Sunderland A - 1 - 3

West Brom A - 0 - 1

Crystal Palace H - 3 - 0

Everton A - 0 - 0

Total - 5 - 5

Not all bad in my eyes

I have a feeling I'll get a hell of a chuckle from the EGs match ratings they'll give Downing a 7 for turning up and proclaim despite the best efforts of his renaissance we lost.

Our whole attacking unit is to blame plus Friend who inserts himself into attacks frequently so has to take the flak with the credit. If we look at what we started with today we have renaissance wide left who apparently keeps us ticking, wide right we have Nsue who people carry 0 expectations of anymore and then Ramirez/Negredo who are left thinking to themselves it's down to just them two so play direct 1 2s and flicks.

Basically it's a mess in my personal irrelevant opinion it's been a mess all season even with Stuani wide right people expect him to be dangerous in the box the problem is wingers are often needed outside the box to help build attacks.

But it's all fine we have 33 more games to drink in the renaissance we should count our lucky stars to be able to witness to it.

Not been mentioned a lot but apart from his passing forwards, I thought Gibson did alright today. Losing away to Everton in our first season up is probably expected but I agree we should have done more to test their keeper, not enough attacking threat.

Shambolic.

Absolutely no threat offensively. We showed no desire to get back into the game.

Side to side. Forward. Side to side. Backwards. Side to side. Backwards. Back to keeper.

I imagine I'm in the minority here, but if Rhodes is fit ahead of Spurs, he starts instead of Negredo.

Negredo is very lazy. Fair enough, he does a nice flick now and again, but is that enough? We lose the ball far too much because he can't do a simple pass.

Something in our build up play needs to change.

Shambolic.

Absolutely no threat offensively. We showed no desire to get back into the game.

Side to side. Forward. Side to side. Backwards. Side to side. Backwards. Back to keeper.

I imagine I'm in the minority here, but if Rhodes is fit ahead of Spurs, he starts instead of Negredo.

Negredo is very lazy. Fair enough, he does a nice flick now and again, but is that enough? We lose the ball far too much because he can't do a simple pass.

It's a little unfair to single out Negrado. He would be very effective in that system if our wingers and gaston got in the box more, and went beyond him instead of being scared to get forward. 

I'm never one for this normally, but I think with our current players we don't have any choice to go two up top if we want to be more effective going forward. Negrado and Rhodes are the classic big mantargetman/, smart runner/finisher combination. It's not a style of football I enjoy, but our 4-2-3-1 isnt going to work effectively for the most part in this league with the players we have.

I'd really like to see Rhodes start next game, if fit. He's gonna have a massive point to prove so I reckon he'll be chomping at the bit. Wasn't too impressed with Negredo today - but then again same can be said about most of the team! Gibbo and Barragan were the only standouts for me.

Shambolic.

Negredo did as well as he could have given the lack of support and us being clueless with possession IMO. I would stick with Negredo, replacing Nsue with Fischer or Traore. He´s not being lazy at all as I see it, he just doesn´t have much to work with.