Boro vs Everton (A) 1-3

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

On my way back from the game so a couple of quick thoughts.

Our goal looked like a foul on the keeper, as did their first.

I imagine there's been a lot of blame laid on Valdes on here. First goal he was fouled but still got a fist to it, would have cleared it but unluckily it hit one of our players on the back and rebounded back into the box.

Second goal, good goal.

Third goal I thought Lukaku was offside. Either way we have to stop the cross coming in. Not much Valdes could do, looked like he gambled on Lukaku getting a touch and he didn't (or got a very slight one).

Gibson good.

De Roon good.

Forshaw good for a bit but they realised that and took him out of the game.

Nsue struggling in this league.

Downing takes no responsibility, hides or plays the easy pass.

Off day for Ramirez.

Friend, lots of passion but getting found out at both ends of the pitch at the moment.

Overall we just don't have enough quality going forward currently to trouble teams like Everton routinely.

I expected our performance to be worse than that. Perhaps that's why my main disappointment is not in our performance. I actually thought we did alright against a very good Everton side, certainly defensively.

We held our own for long periods of the game. Ayala got caught in some silly positions at times, yes. But those were the positions he was winning the ball at the level below this, it's going to take some time to see whether he really can improve to handle himself better in those positions. Gibson was definitely the best of our defenders.

I guess the disappointing thing is that Everton did give us more chance to express ourselves in the 2nd half and we couldn't come up with any real chances, we didn't respond well to being down.

Substitutions, well he brought Nugent on and relatively early. It took Ramirez out of the thick of the game so he brings on Fischer. I thought that was the best cameo we'd seen of him so far. He looked quite bright, got a few good touches in and actually (surprisingly to me) looked like he could be a better option on the left. Not sure about the Clayton one, bit strange but if he brings Adama on he has to bring Downing off and though some might feel that's a easy decision to make, I disagree. We didn't need pace, they were way too deep to trouble them with pace. We needed better interplay.

Still think that we lost due to individual errors and Valdes has to be stronger. Afraid to say that CT was right (I think it was CT who said it at HT), I think Guzan would have been given a complete roasting had it been him in goal.

I just listen to the summary and thoughts of the experts on BT sports, they said exactly as this forum says it regarding our level, our lack of threat up front and basically our need to survive  this season. Dig in it's going to be  a long road.

Has anyone else lost the BT feed due to the panel's ejacaluate covering the camera during post match analysis of Everton??

Didn't think they were very good, it's clear they haven't watched us much. I completely disagreed with them that it was our worst performance so far.

Yes we know it was going to be tough against Everton, but the problem is apart from the goal we didn't have a shot on target, and we created very little against Palace, we didn't have a worthwhile shot on target against West Brom, this is worrying, how are we going to win matches when we don't create nowt even up against the so called lesser teams. The vast majority of fans knew which departments we needed to strengthen but we didn't and we've got this badly wrong.

We're 3-1 down with 5 to go so we put a defensive midfielder on and keep Traore on the bench baffling.

Listened to Tees phone in after the game Valdes got slaughtered by fans texting in.

Has anyone else lost the BT feed due to the panel's ejacaluate covering the camera during post match analysis of Everton??

Didn't think they were very good, it's clear they haven't watched us much. I completely disagreed with them that it was our worst performance so far.

wilsoncgp - I actually agree with you mate. I don't think it was our worst performance either. It's funny how different people see different things, but although we didn't have a shot on target in the whole game, I actually thought we looked decent for the first half of the first half.

Can Aitor be that arrogant to think we can go 4231 every week?

We need to set up the team in the best way to get a result against an opposition. If we have to go 532 away from home, then we go 532, it it's 4231, then 4231.

Our lack of diversity must make us so easy to prepare for.

In the championship, our budget got us over the line. In the Prem, we have to work differently.