oneBoro Forum

Boro V West Ham (A) 1-1

It's a good result, but we need to work on some of the glaring issues in our game at the moment because they're reoccurring every week.

I will say though that this might have been one of Downing's better games back in a Boro shirt. Taking on Arbeloa, putting in dangerous crosses and on a few occasions I think I even saw him sprint.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't know about anyone else but I'm happy with that, pleaded we've stopped the losing streak. Watford at home in two weeks is a huge game, one we should be looking to win.

Downing, De Roon and Forshaw excellent. Don't know which link everyone was watching but the one I had on, Tony Gale singled out Forshaw. Very classy performance.

Dunno about De Roon today tbh he looked a bit off, few silly fouls.

Decent result, isn't it? I thought Forshaw was fantastic. We lack a bit of creativity, obviously. I'd still like to see a trio of Fischer/Ramirez/Forshaw somehow.

On another note, it's nice seeing we're actually capable of passing the ball around albeit not always that forward.. Anyways, I'll take the point and be annoyed by our lack of ruthlessness when Payet scored.

I've gotta agree with CT. We are truly schocking going forward we have no ambition at all, we get into decent positions to get a cross in and then end up passing it sideways and backwards before eventually giving it away, it's incredibly frustrating to watch. And that wouldn't be all that bad if it wasn't for us shipping ridiculous goals at the back. A point away at West Ham does seem good on the face of it but knowing how bad they've been this season and from actually watching the game and going in front first before conceding that laughable goal I'm not so sure.

Weird game.

Take the point, but we have such little ambition.

Their fullbacks were there for the taking, and Traore is an unused sub.

Negredo contributed the square root of FA. Don't recall him touching the ball apart from that free kick at the end.

More rank defending.

Poor substitutions today.

I thought that about Negredo as well. I was actually going to say that I thought Rhodes caused West Ham much more problems when he was on the pitch than Negredo did when he came on.

I think most would have settled for a point before the game, but I feel we could have won this. but we didn't lose so that's a positive. like many though just wish we'd push forward more.

This league suits Forshaw quality player always looks comfortable with the ball.

Weird game.

Negredo contributed the square root of FA. Don't recall him touching the ball apart from that free kick at the end.

More rank defending.

I thought that about Negredo as well. I was actually going to say that I thought Rhodes caused West Ham much more problems when he was on the pitch than Negredo did when he came on.

Yep I thought Rhodes did more than enough to keep his place against Watford and Negredo didn't do himself any favours when he came on.

Weird game.

More rank defending.

They were playing a CB at left back and Traore doesn't even get 5 minutes.

(:

Rhodes was a waste of space.

And we should also blame Barragan for the goal conceded. He was the one who got beaten and then was a pedestrian without chasing the ball back. Attack wise he offered no support for Stuani. He lacks pace apparently.

1-1 fulltime

Fair result

We would be the ones to gift them their first points in 5 games shipping ridiculous goals like that and unable to create anything other than from set pieces. We should've won that they were there for the taking.

No. Don't agree with that.

Weird game.

More rank defending.

They were playing a CB at left back and Traore doesn't even get 5 minutes.

(:

It is a bit laughable tbh can't believe he didn't even get 5 minutes, Ramirez looked bright though.