Boro vs Watford 0-1

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

In all the annoyance of what is going on it might be worthwhile on putting a bet on a Boro win against ***nal!

You're a glass half full sort of person aren't you?

Someone has to be. +1, DS

Stranger things happen we all know that, just seems to be a ironic situation that has to be taken advantage of!

I was hoping this season I wouldn't have to use the phrase "beat the best get beaten by the rest" but given the current sombre mood on here I'd be delighted to use that phrase again if we show up at ***nal and put another nail in Wengers managerial career coffin.  I can't stand the guy, he sees his player getting the slightest contact and shouts for a foul but when it's his players committing the fouls "I did not eeerrrr... zee the incident... zo i cannot comment".

If we can't beat teams in our mini league we stand no chance. And Gibbo will not want to go back down to the championship and neither do I. I want Karanka too succeed but he is running out of time for me. We don't get the best out of the players we have and his treatment of Rhodes is shocking.

Well that was a wonderful advert for football...Championship or League 1, take your pick.

I'll go through my positives first cos that's not gonna take very long. Gibson continues to be head and shoulders above everything else we have. I hope for his sake he keeps this up for the rest of the season and I'll wish him luck for wherever he ends up moving to in the summer. Forshaw had another tidy game to his credit. I thought Downing tried to get involved and make things happen today as well in fairness to him. Friend looked a little better but with their formation he didn't have much to deal with so it's hard to say whether he's improved a bit or if it's just that. Probably just that to be honest.

Where to begin with the negatives?

There appears to be an issue between Valdes and the back four or the central defenders at least. They are sometimes waiting for him to come out and get the ball and he isn't for whatever reason. It happened again today and there were words between him and Chambers. It needs sorting. Barragan was a liability today unfortunately. The referee saved us owing to his own general ineptitude. He's a better right back than Nsue but he is still at best average. I wonder how many people still see him as a quality signing after his last few games?

In midfield I thought de Roon was a no show again. I'm pretty sure it was his crap clearance that lead to their goal? I still can't see what his strengths are meant to be. Ramirez throwing himself to the floor constantly is worth a mention. Today he was pathetic in my opinion. He doesn't seem to have the quality to influence things at this level and falling over a lot isn't going to help. I didn't think much of his set pieces either tbh. He's performing exactly as I thought he would at his level it's sad to say because we really need him to step up. I'd say we are desperate for it.

Stuani was once again Stuani. He's becoming a bit of a liability himself without the ball as he's slow to react to things when we're defending. He was at fault against Spurs as well. His only value to us is in whatever goals he can score so we can't expect anything else from him. Negredo was as usual relying on scraps for anything meaningful but as usual not doing enough to get himself involved. I'm questioning his attitude now and actually he's not the only one I'm questioning after today.

The subs were a whole lot of whatever I suppose. I thought Ayala might have come on at half time to save Barragan from himself. Traore to his credit when he came on at least had some intent and regardless of what I've said about him so far, I do respect that. I have no idea why he ended up on the left hand side however or why when he's on the right hand side our full backs go outside and beyond him instead of going inside to take away a defender or at least just getting out of his ***ing way! Jesus Christ, it's not complicated. Rhodes coming on so late was as stupid as it was predictable. Maybe give him more than a few mins to have an impact? Just a thought.

Now to Karanka. I don't worship at his alter, I don't think anyone would be surprised by that but at the same time I've disagreed with those talking about replacing him...until now. Just to be clear I'm not saying we should but what I am saying is that I'd have no problem with it if we did. The subs and his lack of imagination aren't something new but they are an area you'd think he'd be improving on and he isn't. We as a team have the exact same weaknesses we had a year ago, two years ago etc. That shouldn't be the case and it's entirely down to him - 100% his responsibility. I've no idea what we were playing at this summer but I won't go into it again because what's the point.

Today was a very winnable game. Watford weren't much better than we were, if they were actually better at all but once again we can't even land a ***ing punch. We created nothing today and spent a lot of time doing just that. Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass then nothing and repeat. In what way is what we're doing going to win us games of football because for the life of me I just can't see it? But every game is the same and that comes down to our manager and the squad he's put together. If we keep playing like this we will be relegated. If we keep playing like this I think we'll be bottom three within about a month and I don't see how we get out of it. Something has to change because we need to win some games and as it stands we just don't look capable of doing so.

I said a few weeks back that by the time we get to playing Hull at the beginning of December we might only have two or three wins and this was meant as a bad thing. Right now if we have two or three wins by that point it would almost be a good thing. In fact I'd bite your arm off for two more wins by the time we play them. We are looking every inch a Championship side I'm afraid.

I make no secret of the fact i do not trust AK. For me walking out at Charlton cost us points and automatic promotion. No one was happier than I in our return, do i think AK delivered yes he did, his job was to get us promoted and he did that only just, was he the man to take us forward no. His refusal to change costs us and i ll wont forget his comments when he did change to 2 up front and it didnt work and basically had a pop at the fans. No im not a season ticket holder i choose my games according to budget. Does that make me any less of a fan or my opinion worth less. Its clear to all the guy cannot take the club forward, its not a comment i have made on the back of one game its been a long term opinion. Would love to be proved wrong, but we've seen it all before, one of gibsons faults is not knowing when to call it a day with his managers, in fairness only Gorden S was man enough to walk and face his critics, AK should admit he cant do it alone. Even Robbo needed the help of El Tel. The team lack commitment, lack pace, lack passion last seasons stars dont even look good enough for the championship. Something needs to change. So my opinion is and will alwayd be AK to go. At the end of the day we all want the same thing, a team to be proud off. Hey i'm happy to be knocked and god would love to be proved wrong.

I don't think Gibson fancies another season in the Championship, let alone one immediately after coming up. He's famously patient, and so I don't think his finger is anywhere near the trigger right now. However, it comes down to one question: "Do I think Karanka is the man to keep us in this league?". As soon as the answer is no, he needs to get rid, because he's not going to throw more resources at a manager he doesn't believe in.

The other question is 'who's out there?' I think it's pretty much common knowledge that Southgate was sacked because Strachan was lined up, so there is previous here. Swansea did the same this year, Guidolin might have had a bit more time to turn it around if Bradley hadn't been ready and available. So Karanka might not be moved on because Gibson thinks he's the wrong man, but because someone else is the right man.

Let's just hope that goes a bit better than the Strachan coup did.

the massive problem is how do we alter things to become a more attack minded unit with the players we have to choose from 

the bizarre thing that i had running through my mind this afternoon was that  for all the signings weve made  in so called upgrading the department , i really honestly dont think , Stuani, Fischer,Downing,Ramirez, Traore , Nugent, De Pena, or anyone else thats been selected in the 3 AM roles thats still in the squad  has even been as good as Tomlin was in that role . 

out of those mentioned maybe, just maybe Fischer and Traore can improve ,but the rest , for me sadly dont and wont work in the current system.

I make no secret of the fact i do not trust AK. For me walking out at Charlton cost us points and automatic promotion. 

It categorically did not cost us automatic promotion.

I don't think Gibson fancies another season in the Championship, let alone one immediately after coming up. He's famously patient, and so I don't think his finger is anywhere near the trigger right now. However, it comes down to one question: "Do I think Karanka is the man to keep us in this league?". As soon as the answer is no, he needs to get rid, because he's not going to throw more resources at a manager he doesn't believe in.

The other question is 'who's out there?' I think it's pretty much common knowledge that Southgate was sacked because Strachan was lined up, so there is previous here. Swansea did the same this year, Guidolin might have had a bit more time to turn it around if Bradley hadn't been ready and available. So Karanka might not be moved on because Gibson thinks he's the wrong man, but because someone else is the right man.

I know this will divide opinion but *IF* AK was to walk or get the bullet this season I would want to see Big Sam here. But in all honesty, I reckon Gibson will stick with Aitor as long as possible.

I know this will divide opinion but *IF* AK was to walk or get the bullet this season I would want to see Big Sam here. But in all honesty, I reckon Gibson will stick with Aitor as long as possible.

Id bet on big Sam