oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/six-middlesbrough-players-could-leave-12110856

I really can not believe that I am actually starting this thread due to my normal stance on the transfer threads starting too early........................BUT, the EG article is in my opinion pretty much spot on and worthy of discussion, so there you go may as well start the blooming thing now! :D

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody match thread not even up for this weekend but we're talking about a transfer window that won't open for two months cos the Gazette did an article about some players that may or may not leave?

SHAMBLES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloody match thread not even up for this weekend but we're talking about a transfer window that won't open for two months cos the Gazette did an article about some players that may or may not leave?

SHAMBLES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who rustled your jimmies?

It's time Boro recognized now we're in top flight that we need a top flight squad. Some of the players good for championship but not good enough for big boys league.

Still think we could see more from Mr Rhodes

I'm with CT on this.

What is the point of starting this madness now? We are literally 2 days into November.

Let's get our priorities sorted and get a match thread or at least allow people to talk about it on a thread you can merge later on, rather than opening this based on the back of one EG midweek filler article

SHAMBLES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who rustled your jimmies?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 Dimi Konstantopoulos - never getting a for us now. pointless having him in 25 isnt it??

2 Fabio Da Silva - backup LB

3 George Friend - First choice LP

4 Daniel Ayala - senior CB

5 Bernardo Espinosa - We have loads of CB's and are still being linked with more, why???

6 Ben Gibson - key player

7 Grant Leadbitter - Senior CDM

8 Adam Clayton - Senior CDM

9 Jordan Rhodes - Senior CF

10 Alvaro Negredo - Senior CF

11 Viktor Fischer - Squad Att Mid

12 Brad Guzan - Back up keeper

13 Tomas Mejias - pointless being in 25(SELL/LOAN)

14 Marten De Roon - Senior CDM

16 Carlos De Pena - Pointless being in 25(SELL/RELEASE)

17 Antonio Barragan - senior RB

18 Cristhian Stuani - Senior Fwd

19 Stewart Downing - Senior Att mid

21 Gaston Ramirez - Key player

23 Julien De Sart - Squad player, needs to go out on loan(LOAN)

24 Emilio Nsue - Senior RB

26 Victor Valdes - First choice keeper

34 Adam Forshaw - key CDM

35 David Nugent - Back up striker(SELL)

40 James Husband - 3rd choice LP needs to leave(SELL)

Under the age of 21 -

25 Calum Chambers - first team CB

37 Adama Traore - first team Att Mid

So if we can free up 5 slots in the 25, who should we improve upon in the first team?

CB seeing as we are apparently looking at CB's still, we must surely be selling one. Ayala?? or Gibson?? hope not. what bernardo been like in training etc any reports about how he's looking?

CF well we need a proper striker don't we, negredo looks broken. half his game is immense the goal scoring part is in pieces. nuge is a player we should be getting shot of now, wasted to many chances in the championship, similar story with rhodes but at least jordan actually gets chances when he plays. 

Would anyone take a punt on clayton donaldson?

Att Mid, i think we are weaker here than pretty much everyone. failed to get anyone in during the summer(adama apart). i think we'll be signing someone to play wide over any other position.

RB, nsue has been exposed like many predicted he would, i hoped he'd be okay but every left winger he played vs roasted him. barragan is a bit of a liability to, he gives his man far to much space at times. i think that might be an adjustment thing. everything is faster in the prem. either that or hes just not very good.

Well that about it then ship out a few to make space in the 25 then try and sign players to improve on current first teams weakest areas like ATTMID, RB, CF. no point is buffing out the squad without improving it much again. i think we might get one or two in probably one att mid/winger and another cf.

May as well sell Rhodes, it's becoming clear that he's not overly fancied by AK.

I wouldn't go as far as that. I'd just say he thinks Negredo is a much better option for his system.

I think it may be hasty to get rid as well in January. I think he should be kept around until at least the summer to see if we stay up and to see if he can do a job here when given a chance, with Nugent to leave if we need to shift a striker.

I very much doubt if we go down that we'll still have Aitor in charge. At which point, Rhodes becomes a much better player to have around. The chances are we'll have someone in charge who will look to make better use of him.

I'd say right now it's a bigger risk to let him go because then who would we replace him with if we go down? Only someone else who will cost a lot of money.