oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Karanka is trying, I guess, and I willl wait until after the transfer window, to jump aboard the Karanka Out train.

He can get the best out of (fallen) players.. Players who couldnt make it elsewhere... Negredo, Ramirez, Valdes (now key players in PL for us) and you know the rest of them.. Some in the championship too .. Nsue, Ayala and other players, who Karanka made "ok" again...

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Karanka is being accused of never having a plan B. Now we get a plan B, if we put on Gestede together with Negredo, and let gibson, Chambers and other bypass the midfield with direct passings to two good target men.

6m£ is peanuts these days and if we offload Rhodes and Nugent.. there should be plenty to buy a good forward too

Have faith (or I will rick roll you again :P)

Except you know for a fact all he'd do is swap Negredo & Gestede like for like.

Probably in the 85th minute too.

Karanka is being accused of never having a plan B. Now we get a plan B, if we put on Gestede together with Negredo, and let gibson, Chambers and other bypass the midfield with direct passings to two good target men.

6m£ is peanuts these days and if we offload Rhodes and Nugent.. there should be plenty to buy a good forward too

I oughta dock you a rep point for the first rick ;)

Was gonna report you to the mods just for that, but I'm no snitch, I'm never gonna give you up.

Negredo ( stat wise) is one of the best target men in the PL, and if you put on big Rudy, I bet it would work as a plan B... But yes, maybe Karanka will take off Negredo and put on Rudy in 86th minute

But I have to hope... If I give up, I would be a *** face, with the "just being realistic" slogan

Except you know for a fact all he'd do is swap Negredo & Gestede like for like.

Probably in the 85th minute too.

Really doubt that this is a plan b move, if anything I think this really is the final nail in the 'play two up front' movement (if anyone actually still wanted that). We've got two pretty decent strikers who thrive off being the 'foil' to a big man in a front 2 in nugent and Rhodes, and we've not started with that system once. So the prospect of two big men playing up front together is unlikely.

Karanka's reluctance to give either of them gametime suggests that he doesn't have any faith in them, which means striker was a position that needed addressing. Still though the main issue is behind the front man, having two strikers with such aerial prowess is useless if we can't give them good enough service, which at the moment we can't. Someone to challenge Gaston for the creator role, and another wide man are an absolute necessity if we're going to create more and start hurting teams whilst we're on top.

Let's hope we don't get relegated, can you imagine going back to the champ with only gestede up front. Have been a massive fan of Karanka but today I've had my first doubts about his ability to take us forward. Selling two strikers who are better than the incoming and paying 6.5m to do it...yep that's logical!

From what I remember Gestede's movement is crap and he's not especially good with his feet? If that's the case then how does he fit in with how we play because as a rule we aren't the type to lump ball after ball forward and we don't have a lot of quality delivery from out wide? If I'm mistaken then fair enough because I haven't seen that much of him but he looks to be like a big fella that can do some damage in the penalty area and so will do ok in the Championship but whose all round game isn't strong enough to play at the kind of level you're looking for in the Premier League?

Let's hope we don't get relegated, can you imagine going back to the champ with only gestede up front. Have been a massive fan of Karanka but today I've had my first doubts about his ability to take us forward. Selling two strikers who are better than the incoming and paying 6.5m to do it...yep that's logical!

Except we aren't are we? We're not getting rid of Rhodes and Nuge for free, we will be recouping way more than £6.5m for those two. So in fact we'll be bringing in a striker more suited to our system and accordingly will have some extra transfer money to strengthen elsewhere in the team. Seems like it makes perfect sense to me.

Except we aren't are we? We're not getting rid of Rhodes and Nuge for free, we will be recouping way more than £6.5m for those two. So in fact we'll be bringing in a striker more suited to our system and accordingly will have some extra transfer money to strengthen elsewhere in the team. Seems like it makes perfect sense to me.

Was about to answer the above!

It's not the finance that's the key issue, it's the massive drop in quality.

I dont get the 'he suits our system' talk about Gestede. He's been pretty much anonymous since signing for Villa, and had his best time at blackburn with Rhodes. Karanka aint ever sticking two up top, we have the inability to field two out n out wingers, and we rarely put a decent ball (if any) into the box.