• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we please have a massive Chinese bid for Stuani. A Uruguayan international with Serie A, La Liga and Premiership experience. Any half decent agent should be able to sell that.

I'll put a word in with Gus.

We've been watching Felipe Caicedo who I believe is available for circa £7m

Just out of interest is there any PL players you are looking at that can be revealed?

Can we please have a massive Chinese bid for Stuani. A Uruguayan international with Serie A, La Liga and Premiership experience. Any half decent agent should be able to sell that.

Boro have been watching Caicedo or the Chinese club you work for? :D

Deulofeu seems available, and assuming he wouldn't be completely out of range price-wise would be top of my wishlist of semi-realistic targets. If we could bring in him and Snodgrass that would go some way to solving our problems in the creative third.

Just out of interest is there any PL players you are looking at that can be revealed?

I'm not scouting anymore.

With Shenhua I'm responsible for developing the coaching and scouting infrastructure.

Essentially coaching the coaches and showing how to identify traits in youngsters. It's then putting in place an education system to develop the players.

It's interesting because you are in a culture where youth football barely exists and where the government are really only interested in ***ing money away.

Rooneys the only EPL player that gets talked about so I wouldn't be surprised if that happens in the summer.

Boro mate, think we (Shenhua) have our quota filled.

Boro scouts been watching Espanyol a couple of times in recent weeks.

Is that the guy who was at city?

And yeah ex Man City lad

So what's your top 5 things to look for in a young player? Like how can a premiership manager look at a 19 year old from league 1 and think yea he can do it in the premiership? Dele Ali for example.

Boro mate, think we (Shenhua) have our quota filled.

Boro scouts been watching Espanyol a couple of times in recent weeks.

Is that the guy who was at city?

And yeah ex Man City lad

Interesting, I remember thinking he was a decent player that just never got a look in at city.

So what's your top 5 things to look for in a young player? Like how can a premiership manager look at a 19 year old from league 1 and think yea he can do it in the premiership? Dele Ali for example.

At that age it's a mixture of things

Basic skills: What's their first touch like? Can they pass a ball?

Physique: Sadly it's still a major part in identifying players. The days of Micky Quinn style bodies has gone.

Footballing Intelligence: Are they positionally aware? Or are they running all over the pitch.

Match Impact: At that age the players that make it are normally the best players on the pitch.

Then it's attitude, how do they interact with other players, managers and coaches and coachability.

If you tell them to change the way they do something do they attempt to change.

Coachability is really important and what a lot of trails are about.

So when the talented ones that don't make it at a higher level (Ayala for example) is it most likely to be mental related and not coach friendly?

Also would you say traore has at least 3 of those attributes?

Deulofeu seems available, and assuming he wouldn't be completely out of range price-wise would be top of my wishlist of semi-realistic targets. If we could bring in him and Snodgrass that would go some way to solving our problems in the creative third.

Funny enough toffee fans complaints about Deluofeu are his final ball, hes too lightweight and him working back to help out Coleman. He seems to be very similar to Traore but a year ahead in development mainly due to minutes on the pitch.

So when the talented ones that don't make it at a higher level (Ayala for example) is it most likely to be mental related and not coach friendly?

Ayala struggled physically at Liverpool. Lots of injuries and there was doubt over whether his body would hold up.

If you get the chance to see any early footage of Ayala he had a strange frame and awkward gate.

From the people I've spoken to they all see he was very coachable but with that little bit of arrogance you need.

Adama is hard one.

He's a very unintelligent player and it doesn't appear as if the game comes naturally to him.

There are times when you can see him trying to think what to do.

Having spent 10 years at Barca I'm surprised at how basic of a player he is. His strength and pace get him out of a lot of situations.

His strength and pace are terrifying but unless he develops a final product there isn't much point. This is where I think it's difficult because it comes with experience.

Ideally I would be playing him upfront in practice games and friendlys. I'd want him to develop an understanding of the CF role so that when he goes back outwide he has an appreciation of what the CF needs.

Physically he's obviously got it and you can't coach speed. He's actually too quick.

I can see why teams would take a risk on him but I'm not fully convinced. I think there is this thought of 'imagine what kind of player he could be if only.....'

Ayala struggled physically at Liverpool. Lots of injuries and there was doubt over whether his body would hold up.

If you get the chance to see any early footage of Ayala he had a strange frame and awkward gate.

From the people I've spoken to they all see he was very coachable but with that little bit of arrogance you need.

Adama is hard one.

He's a very unintelligent player and it doesn't appear as if the game comes naturally to him.

There are times when you can see him trying to think what to do.

Having spent 10 years at Barca I'm surprised at how basic of a player he is. His strength and pace get him out of a lot of situations.

His strength and pace are terrifying but unless he develops a final product there isn't much point. This is where I think it's difficult because it comes with experience.

Ideally I would be playing him upfront in practice games and friendlys. I'd want him to develop an understanding of the CF role so that when he goes back outwide he has an appreciation of what the CF needs.

Physically he's obviously got it and you can't coach speed. He's actually too quick.

I can see why teams would take a risk on him but I'm not fully convinced. I think there is this thought of 'imagine what kind of player he could be if only.....'

I actually know exactly what you mean, I compare it in a way to some of the kids Ive coached here in North America, you can see the attributes they bring but because they're never really immersed in the football culture like back home, they dont seem to have that intuitive understanding of the game that only comes with that experience, It's so unusual to see that in a Barca academy player.

For me it looks like Barca spent most of their time working on his touch and control, for a player that quick his touch and control of the ball at speed is pretty good. I think it can work and is the type of challenge karanka will enjoy, he has already came on a decent amount since his debut, he just needs to learn the intricacies of the game and formations that's probably why he isn't playing.