• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Victor Orta isn't as good as he/people think he is?

I think it's unfair to come to that conclusion seen as though he's only been here for one window. At least give him January and next summer before writing him off.

Sorry but that is just rubbish, his track record shows that he's bloody brilliant.

I wasn't saying he's rubbish mate it was just a question, chill.

But what I will say is just because he's got a good track record doesn't necessarily mean he'll be 'bloody brilliant' at Boro.. Jordan Rhodes springs to mind ;)

I think it's unfair to come to that conclusion seen as though he's only been here for one window. At least give him January and next summer before writing him off.

Wasn't writing him off was just posing a question.

Sorry but that is just rubbish, his track record shows that he's bloody brilliant.

I wasn't saying he's rubbish mate it was just a question, chill.

But what I will say is just because he's got a good track record doesn't necessarily mean he'll be 'bloody brilliant' at Boro.. Jordan Rhodes springs to mind ;)

Who quite obviously had nothing to do with Orta, or even Karanka. More and more looks like a favour to Agnew :P

Just out of interest is there a particular reason that KM can spout his increasingly frequent *** without it attracting comment from any of the usual suspects who seem to find fault with me easily enough? Is it ok to pull out this 'toys out of the pram' crap on a regular basis when you read a comment you don't happen to like? I'd genuinely love to know why this place isn't a level playing field because I can't be the only person that can see this or isn't sick of it?

Anyway, we aren't a very small club, that's pure nonsense. Even relative to the rest of the division we're no different to most of the clubs here. Remove the Manchester clubs, Liverpool, ***nal, Spurs and Chelsea and the rest are much of a muchness. Some are a bit bigger than others - Everton for example - but most are not - Stoke, Palace, Bournemouth, Watford, West Brom, Swansea, Sunderland, Hull, Burnley, Southampton, Leicester are all on our level, yes even the Premier League champions. We're a Premier League club with Premier League money and I assume ambitions to thrive in the Premier League. We aren't a semi pro team having some great adventure and that's what people need to get to grips with, not everyone because it's clear that most people do understand this.

There's a gap, a fairly sizeable one I'd say, between shopping at Harrods as it's been described and signing the likes of the players we've been linked with. They are all back up players. Now, some people might not have a problem with signing back up players but I do. I want the 11 that takes the field to get stronger and every time we bring in one of these players this doesn't happen but we waste money and a squad place on it anyway. So even before we get to the next transfer window the same people who don't seem to have a problem with these signings are some of the first to draw up the list of new players we need, often to replace the one's we've just signed! I would like a striker that can compete with Negredo for his place, not one that will only be played if there are injuries. Negredo has been bad as often as he's been good, we need someone to push him in my opinion and he's only here on loan anyway. I would like better attacking options than Fischer, Traore, Stuani and Downing because we could really do with something better than those. Two of those are summer signings. If we're seriously trying to sign a new central defender then they need to be on a par or better than Chambers otherwise we aren't as good when he leaves in the summer. Even having said that they should at least be better than Ayala and Espinosa and I don't know where someone like Maguire fits in with that.

Finally you don't get points for what you nearly accomplish. I don't care who we tried and failed to sign, I care who we actually sign. It's not like some of the signings we made in the summer weren't done nice and early so it's probable that those players were high on our list anyway. They were unlikely to have been 10th choice or whatever and as it stands they don't appear to be all that good or certainly not an improvement on what was already here. I'm not trying to be overly critical, I just want to see the team improve and you only do that by getting players better than those you already have.

Sorry man I took a break over Christmas so haven't been around to call out BS posts with the frequency I usually would.

Definitely think you get the short end of the stick here but no worry, I love you still <3

If we really are interested in Maguire do we think it's because Ayala is on his way out? After today he would appear to be fourth choice and there has been some possible tension between him and Karanka. Could he be one of the players Karanka was talking about I wonder.

I would rather we spend significantly next summer unless we receive significant offers for Rhodes and Ayala in January and need to replace. If we do indeed have access to Kenyon and Mendes along with Orta then I am very interested to see who we can attract as an established Premier League side as we saw with the signings of Valdes, Chambers, Negredo and Ramirez.

Boro want to sign re-sign Patrick Bamford on loan. #boro [Daily Mail]

Boro want to sign Everton winger Gerard Deulofeu and have enquired about Stoke forward Bojan. #boro [Mirror]

I'd certainly be happy with them 3!

Boro want to sign re-sign Patrick Bamford on loan. #boro [Daily Mail]

Boro want to sign Everton winger Gerard Deulofeu and have enquired about Stoke forward Bojan. #boro [Mirror]

I'd certainly be happy with them 3!

Just out of interest, would Bojan and Deulofeu be good enough for you CT and for everyone else not happy with the quality levels of our signings/targets?