oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

even if Snodgrass comes in, if we are letting Downing surely we need another? We still have a pretty gaping hole on the left.

We'd have ramirez fischer and snoddy who can all play left, wouldn't consider it a hole personally.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not doubting anyone's credibility but it seems unbelievable that Hull would let Snodgrass leave.

If this goes through they are basically giving up any chance of staying up, the only way I can see this happening is if we have made them a an offer they can't refuse. Something like a straight swap with Downing and Rhodes or £15m upfront.

Don't get me wrong I don't think Snodgrass is the next Messi but he has been so important to Hull this season it's hard to imagine them letting him leave.

What would people think for a straight swap for Rhodes?

IMO it's still a good deal for us, strengthen them slightly with someone who could 'potentially' score goals (we will never know for us) but improve us massively in an area we all deem to be the most important for this transfer window! .......

I'd do it. Jordan Rhodes would not keep them up with no supply.

Agreed it would be a good deal for us, if I was a Hull fan I'd be expecting Rhodes and some money for Snodgrass though.

even if Snodgrass comes in, if we are letting Downing surely we need another? We still have a pretty gaping hole on the left.

I think Traore will be back up on the right, Fisher back up on the left with Snodgrass able to play either Wing and Ramirez able to play any. Seems a flexible approach which AK will love.

What about Snodgrass playing in one of the three central midfield positions? He'd have a bit more freedom to get forward if we had De-Roon and Clayton/Forshaw alongside him.

Snodgrass is the player Downing should be. He's strong, experienced and will muck in with defending like Downing, but his set pieces are a step up (he can score from them) and he's still prepared to take a man on and put a great cross in. If we get him I'll be well pleased, not to mention because it would relegate Hull in the process.

Bojan would be a number 10 behind Negredo/Gestede if Ramirez wasn't playing (assuming we went back to 4-2-3-1).

Snodgrass coming in would probably mean it would be Bojan OR Bamford though, if we are interested in both.

Don,t you just love Lurker, ''We,re getting Snodgrass'', no long explanations, just enough to send us all into meltdown because of his past record of calling it right. Love it, and I think Snodgrass is exactly what we want.

Don,t you just love Lurker, ''We,re getting Snodgrass'', no long explanations, just enough to send us all into meltdown because of his past record of calling it right. Love it, and I think Snodgrass is exactly what we want.

Yep, 20ppl + clicking refresh every 5 minutes waiting for an update. Hopefully its hours not weeks