oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

I would say if this is true that stops the interest in Deulofeu....

If we also sign Bojan that puts Ramirez on the left, if we sign Jese that keeps Ramirez in the center.

Could be still slightly interested in Bamford at a cut price as 3rd choice striker/3rd choice RHS but can't see that tbh.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure it ends Deulofeu interest, would depend on how much Snodgrass costs. Snodgrass and Deulofeu would give us real flexibility.

Could only see this if AK has completely wrote off Stuani and Traore.

IMO Snodgrass alone gives us the flexibility, I really can't imagine with how much he 'probably' is going to cost we will prefer to still chase Deulofeu rather than look at strengthening another area i.e. Bojan

Apparently Stoke have bid for Berahino while Crouch have also extended his contract. End of the line for Bojan?

It's beyond me why they are still after Berahino, he's ***.

Not sure it ends Deulofeu interest, would depend on how much Snodgrass costs. Snodgrass and Deulofeu would give us real flexibility.

Could only see this if AK has completely wrote off Stuani and Traore.

IMO Snodgrass alone gives us the flexibility, I really can't imagine with how much he 'probably' is going to cost we will prefer to still chase Deulofeu rather than look at strengthening another area i.e. Bojan

I was meaning that if we manage to chuck Rhodes or Downing in the deal and pay £3-5m for Snodgrass that would leave a fair bit of money potentially for Deulofeu (possibly on loan initially but with an obligation to buy if we stay up?)

love the formations you guys are predicting. Even if these players come in what's the chances of AK even playing them in the positions they are best at, or indeed all together. I guess they might get a show in the 85th min

love the formations you guys are predicting. Even if these players come in what's the chances of AK even playing them in the positions they are best at, or indeed all together. I guess they might get a show in the 85th min

We get it, you don't like AK.

We get it, you don't like AK.

:angel:

Bloody hell, get a grip man.

Can't you tell the reason we only make subs in the 85th minute is because Aitor doesn't have the players he feels he needs to change games? I'm pretty convinced that if Aitor had precisely the squad he wanted, he would make subs sooner. And whilst it says we didn't have quite as successful a summer as we'd hoped, I think that partly comes down to the fact that Aitor will have learnt 10 times as much about the Premier League being in it rather than looking on from below.

Crying out to bring on Traore when we've seen now he's really not half as consistent or effective as people hoped he'd be off his initial appearances. You can see why he's not all for that. He obviously doesn't think Rhodes will cut it in one of his teams at this level. Those are 2 of our major changes from the bench right now not including Gestede having just come in. You can add the now loan-listed Downing to that list too, does that show faith in his bench? The only player he feels happy bringing on is Leadbitter and that's just to offer a bit more energy later in games, sure he's quite aware he's not getting much different out of him when he brings him on.

Exactly right! - AK doesn't have faith in his bench to change the game so doesn't use them. It is very clear to me that we are doing exactly what we need this transfer window looking at really good potential targets to strengthen the key area's on the pitch we are struggling at the minute.

Boro been linked with these types of players to suit a formation that we know we can play should be applauded not looked to be a negative.

If Bamford sings for us, he must be positive that he won't be warming the bench. Regarding to his history at Norwich, CP etcetera. Is he better than Negerdo? I don't think so. Will he play RW...hmm.