oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Apparently Stoke have bid for Berahino while Crouch have also extended his contract. End of the line for Bojan?

It's beyond me why they are still after Berahino, he's ***.

Nor me, he is everything I despise in footballers, had one good season which makes him think he is better than he is, does nothing since and is paid millions!

I think a lot of it is down to pulis aswell rather than just berahino refusing to play or whatever.

Pulis would love to let him go as rumour has it he gets a cut of any transfer fee as part of his contract. The chairman has a big issue with the player and would rather let him rot than sell him

I thought the chairman is refusing to sell to avoid pulis getting a cut?

Apparently a manager in the premiership has a deal with an agent where every player he buys through this agent he gets a 'fee', the chairman is avoiding selling a major asset so he doesn't have to give his manager the money for new players who would all be bought through this agent.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all getting very exciting.

I'd love Snodgrass, I'd love Bojan, I'd love Bamford, and I'd love Deulofeu!

If we can bring in two of them I'll be loving it, and confident that they'll keep us up!

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Snodgrass, Bojan AND Bamford. I just don't see Deulofeu happening this window for some reason.

I would. That'd probably mean we'd have to offload Downing, Rhodes and Stuani, which would be a hell of a squad shake-up.

Snodgrass

Traore

Ramirez

Bojan

Fischer

Bamford

Gestde

Negredo

Stuani

It's beyond me why they are still after Berahino, he's ***.

Nor me, he is everything I despise in footballers, had one good season which makes him think he is better than he is, does nothing since and is paid millions!

I think a lot of it is down to pulis aswell rather than just berahino refusing to play or whatever.

Pulis would love to let him go as rumour has it he gets a cut of any transfer fee as part of his contract. The chairman has a big issue with the player and would rather let him rot than sell him

Lol of course pulis has a clause like that

It's a well circulated rumour, I didn't claim it as fact.

Some managers have had clauses like that in the past I believe. If you improve players and sell them on or their value increases significantly whilst you're the manager then you get some of it. It's akin to a sales linked bonus in other types of companies I guess.

Lol of course pulis has a clause like that

It's a well circulated rumour, I didn't claim it as fact.

Berahino fell out with the then Chairman, Jeremy Peace, over his refusal to sell him to Spurs, this lead to dummies being spat out and threats to run his contract down and leave on a free. Peace was not a man to go head to head with and ran the Baggies with a tight financial grip, allowing him to tell Berahno to go and rot in the reserves. Pulis has tried to act as a peace maker that is all, everything else is just gossip. Most Albion supporters would love just to see the back of the jumped up little so and so.

Ian Holloway had a clause like that at Blackpool I believe. I remember hearing a story that he even went as far as to pay a share of Charlie Adam's fee to sign him from Rangers so he got an even bigger cut of his subsequent profit. During that time they signed the likes of Charlie Adam, Tom Ince and Matt Phillips so he would have made a fortune if the rumours were anywhere near accurate.

Ian Holloway had a clause like that at Blackpool I believe. I remember hearing a story that he even went as far as to pay a share of Charlie Adam's fee to sign him from Rangers so he got an even bigger cut of his subsequent profit. During that time they signed the likes of Charlie Adam, Tom Ince and Matt Phillips so he would have made a fortune if the rumours were anywhere near accurate.

Correct, yet he still loved a rant about the greed and hypocrisy within football from players and agents.

Is that not third party ownership, in a roundabout way?