oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

We have to be realistic with Gibson, his potential is at a higher level than our club is likely to reach within his career. Keep him until the end of the season and then help him get the best move for his and our future, then wish him well and hope he comes back one day. He can go to the very top from what I've seen.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I reckon if we're still a Premier League club once this season is done then we'll get another season from him. If we make real progress next season maybe another on top of that. I don't think he'll leave in the summer if we stay up. Mind you, a big part of it could be whether he gets into the England squad. If he feels he has to move to stand a chance of being in it for Russia 2018 then he might feel he has no choice. But if he gets in while he's here and feels he has a fair shot as a Boro player then he might hang on for a little while at least.

Another reason I feel we should get Harry Maguire in now.. He can easily replace Chambers in the first team after a few months of bedding in. If we keep Gibson great, if not then we'll only need to worry about replacing one of our first team CBs.

You know, I reckon if we're still a Premier League club once this season is done then we'll get another season from him. If we make real progress next season maybe another on top of that. I don't think he'll leave in the summer if we stay up. Mind you, a big part of it could be whether he gets into the England squad. If he feels he has to move to stand a chance of being in it for Russia 2018 then he might feel he has no choice. But if he gets in while he's here and feels he has a fair shot as a Boro player then he might hang on for a little while at least.

This seems fair as well. Most of it will be determined by whether we progress again.

We have to be realistic with Gibson, his potential is at a higher level than our club is likely to reach within his career. Keep him until the end of the season and then help him get the best move for his and our future, then wish him well and hope he comes back one day. He can go to the very top from what I've seen.

TimmyWithDollarEyes.jpg

Are you Charlie Amer's son in disguise?  :D

TimmyWithDollarEyes.jpg

Are you Charlie Amer's son in disguise?  :D

Sorry for wanting the best for one of our academy products. Nothing to do with money, we don't need to cash in with the new deal.

Regarding Ben Gibson, My cousin is a taxi driver, and picks him up regularly, when the whole Chelsea thing came out, he asked him if he was going to leave for Chelsea, his response was along the lines of; "I won't be going anywhere for a couple of seasons, but i do want to go on to try and play in the champions league and challenge for the title etc"

So going off this, from the man himself - albeit through my cousin (as honest as they come!) I think he'll stay until the end of the season and have another 2 seasons with us then be on his way, unless we're challenging for Europe again - We can only dream!

Scouts in attendance on twitter.

#Boro target Jese Rodriguez shares the same agent as Victor Valdes...& Gaizka Mendieta...and Deulofeu who has also been oddly linked.

That Twitter account is waaaay behind some of the geniuses on here

Milan fans seem very confident that they are getting Deulofeu. Obviously Everton need to bring in a replacement first, as they are low on wingers, but if Koeman manages that then Deulofeu looks like he is going to Milan.