oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

I'd be tempted to put Jesé at #10 if we pull that one off, keep Ramirez on the left where he's been good and then either snodgrass or deulofeu on the right. I think bojan could be a replacement for Rhodes.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Boro are confident of sealing an £8m deal for Bojan. The Spaniard is keen to link up with Karanka. #boro [Daily Star]

Stewart Downing is closing in on a move to Crystal Palace. #boro [Express]

Got any more info cwc?

Boro are confident of sealing an £8m deal for Bojan. The Spaniard is keen to link up with Karanka. #boro [Daily Star]

Got any more info cwc?

Not as of yet I'm afraid however will probably have something tomorrow I think.

Got any more info cwc?

Ok when I say info I mean Jesé stuff btw ;)

Got any more info cwc?

Ok when I say info I mean Jesé stuff btw ;)

Haha of course, like I said from what I've been told as of yesterday he was the only player we had made an actual bid for which was the best PSG have recievd for him. To be honest I think it's more now down to Jesé himself now, judging from what I've been told.

From FMTTM regarding Gibson: "The deal on the table is 25 million plus add-ons, and we loan him back for the rest of the season. It is up to Gibson himself to decide if it is what he wants."

I'd take it and get Subotic in as a replacement, give him 5 months now to get his fitness up and have him ready for next season.

FFS !!!  :D :D :D

I do find it very odd that the Gazette haven't said anything on Bojan after Dom Shaw said they were checking it out. I'm expecting a big "exclusive" from them at about 10:30 tomorrow.

If that's true I imagine we will be used by his agent to get other clubs interested and it will drag out right to the deadline. As much as I'd love us to get him I just can't see another team not coming in for him, even someone like West Ham I can see being interested, Roma seem to be looking for that type of player aswell and there's the Liverpool interest, hopefully they concentrate on defenders though.

https://twitter.com/ltorrestoranzo/with_replies

Lucho Torres Toranzo @ltorrestoranzo 2h

Pedro Silva Torrejón is already in England waiting to be closed to @Boro. It would be a loan for 6 months and with option to buy.

Lucho Torres Toranzo @ltorrestoranzo 2h

The case of Silva Torrejón was delayed because in Boca they have to send the contracts translated into English. What Chiccó to @Boro would not do.

The thing is p_mards that he mentioned something specific. Every manager would like players with the right mix of everything of course but he has mentioned something specific that he is looking for. It doesn't mean that's what our scouting types are looking at but he does give another comment that Orta knows what he thinks but then also that he doesn't want to know anything in the beginning - presumably that he just wants them to get on with finding the type of players he wants.

I haven't read the quotes other than what was posted on here about pacey. I tried to look for a way in which Karanka could try to be coy with the media. Interesting thought... Maybe Snodgrass is a name which is being pushed by the club?. He isn't exactly a pacey wide player and has been on our radar well before Karanka arrived - Similar to Downing/Rhodes etc.

Karanka also said in an interview about downing something like "I am in full control and all responsibility is mine".

Not sure if it was just about downing or transfers in general.

I don't think we should confuse 'doesn't want' with 'makes do with' when it comes to karanka. Our first choice targets are likely the players karanka ideally wants, further down the list I'd say the targets will be gill/orta players. Not necessarily who karanka wants but the type of player he needs.

On Gibson, Call me a romantic but I wouldn't sell him for any price. We all know how good he is. Now the top clubs in England know how good he is.

IF this any club had any sort of vision for the future, our aim should be to try and challenge these big clubs.

How can we do that if they keep signing all the best English talent? It leaves us with the headache of trying to fill home grown quota with lesser talented English players and spending far more on foreign talent to try and make up for it. Makes no sense... well in the long term it doesn't.

On Gibson, Call me a romantic but I wouldn't sell him for any price. We all know how good he is. Now the top clubs in England know how good he is.

IF this any club had any sort of vision for the future, our aim should be to try and challenge these big clubs.

How can we do that if they keep signing all the best English talent? It leaves us with the headache of trying to fill home grown quota with lesser talented English players and spending far more on foreign talent to try and make up for it. Makes no sense... well in the long term it doesn't.

I don't think we'll ever be at top 6 level, but Gibbo certainly is. I'm resigned to losing him in the next 18/24 month. I'd be after more than 25mil though