oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

I wonder if shrewd Gibson might be put in a recall clause in the Downing loan, which we can exercise if we're in a relegation scrap directly with Palace come April/May.

How do recall clauses work? My football manager experience indicates we wouldn't be able to recall him in April/May because you can only recall inside a transfer window, but I'm not 100% sure if that's how it works IRL.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

@PAdugout

#Breaking West Brom have made a £10 million bid for Hull midfielder Jake Livermore, Press Association Sport understands

That's a hell of a lot of money for Livermore.

So with the expected arrival of Bamford/Bojan and our continued interest in Deulofeu/Snodgrass, does anyone else think Ramirez may actually leave? I just get the feeling that SG may think £15m is too good to turn down for him.

So with the expected arrival of Bamford/Bojan and our continued interest in Deulofeu/Snodgrass, does anyone else think Ramirez may actually leave? I just get the felling that SG may think £15m is too good to turn down for him.

That all depends on whether there is even an offer on the table. If I was in charge at Leicester I wouldn't pay £15m for Gaston Ramirez.

@PAdugout

#Breaking West Brom have made a £10 million bid for Hull midfielder Jake Livermore, Press Association Sport understands

Doubt Hull would want to lose both him and Snodgrass

@PAdugout

Doubt Hull would want to lose both him and Snodgrass

They must be nearing not being able to field a full strength team, don't they only have like 14/15 players?

I wonder if shrewd Gibson might be put in a recall clause in the Downing loan, which we can exercise if we're in a relegation scrap directly with Palace come April/May.

How do recall clauses work? My football manager experience indicates we wouldn't be able to recall him in April/May because you can only recall inside a transfer window, but I'm not 100% sure if that's how it works IRL.

Good point Aarfy and Brunners. I've tried to interpret the rules, and we might be able to recall but he wouldn't be able to play for us. Still, that could upset their run-in if Downing is Big Sam's first choice #10.

53.1.3    any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between the Transferor Club, the Transferee Club and the Player but can only be completed after the expiry of 28 days and only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 53.1.4 below); 

53.1.4    A Player whose Standard Loan expires (or terminates) at the end of the Season of the Transferee Club but prior to the completion of the League Matches of his Transferor Club (where it is a Member Club) will not be eligible to play in any remaining League Matches for the Transferor Club in that Season; 

Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx#exXvojrY25Ev3Bvy.99

So with the expected arrival of Bamford/Bojan and our continued interest in Deulofeu/Snodgrass, does anyone else think Ramirez may actually leave? I just get the feeling that SG may think £15m is too good to turn down for him.

I suspect we are looking to bring in a player for each one that leaves, plus one more as we were left a little short in summer. So for example, if we sell 2 we'll bring in 3.

OUT

Nugent

Downing 

Rhodes

IN

Gestede

Bamford

Bojan

Deulofeu/Snodgrass

So I think that if Downing leaves we can be reasonably certain that Gaston won't.

I have been reassured from a friend of his that the story is complete fabrication so by the sounds of it we are ok!

I think we will definitely keep Ramirez, as AK did say there was 'no chance' of him leaving.

I get the feeling our interest in Snodgrass is dependent on Deulofeu's situation.

On Sat 4th Feb hopefully we'll be lining up away at Tottenham with:

Snodgrass --- Bojan --- Ramirez

---------------Negredo--------------

Or

Deulofeu --- Bojan --- Ramirez

--------------Negredo-------------

Not wanting to take any credit whatsoever but I posted in November that the Bamford deal had already been agreed.

A work colleague had informed me as he has connections at the club.

I was informed on Friday that boro are wanting to ship out downing and Rhodes on loan incase of two things happen....

1) Boro get relegated

2) Karanka walks away...

Just out of interest Karanka is trying different formations as something has happened with Ramirez and he has requested to leave the club, unsure whether its a fall out or personal problems as his wife has left him.

Bojan deal is more or less complete but we are waiting on downing to leave to free some funds up.

I'd rather not people start having a go at me as per previous as im only passing on information that im told.

I really don't think Bojan is an adequate replacement for Ramirez so I hope its not true, although its very worrying regarding team morale with all the changes expected in such a short space of time.

Going to be a very interesting few weeks