oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Is it only me that doesn't see the point in getting Jese on loan? Unless it is with the intention to buy in the summer. It will probably take a month or two for him to settle and get playing regularly. As a permanent it would be great as he is a player with massive potential who's value is only going to rise. But as a loan I feel we are only going to be paying big wages for a player who probably won't make much of an impact between now and the rest off the season.

We can try him out see what he's like and him us and if it works out then we can buy him makes sense to me.

They'll probably want the 20mil what ever they paid back for him and I can't see us forking 20mil out for one player in January but if we stay up we get a load more money to make it happen.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye but I've been told here in Birmingham that Villa's bid for Rhodes was an initial loan. Reports now suggest they've made a bid to buy. Not everything we hear from people is true, so the conflicting reports on Jese are to be expected.

Is it only me that doesn't see the point in getting Jese on loan? Unless it is with the intention to buy in the summer. It will probably take a month or two for him to settle and get playing regularly. As a permanent it would be great as he is a player with massive potential who's value is only going to rise. But as a loan I feel we are only going to be paying big wages for a player who probably won't make much of an impact between now and the rest off the season.

We can try him out see what he's like and him us and if it works out then we can buy him makes sense to me.

They'll probably want the 20mil what ever they paid back for him and I can't see us forking 20mil out for one player in January but if we stay up we get a load more money to make it happen.

They can't expect every penny back for him. His stock certainly hasn't gone up. Maybe 17 gets him. That could be rewritten as 7 + rhodes potentially (granted there would be more wages).

The offer may be a loan with a buy in clause but then the player kinda needs to negotiate a deal now anyway to know what he will be signing for.

They can't expect every penny back for him. His stock certainly hasn't gone up. Maybe 17 gets him. That could be rewritten as 7 + rhodes potentially (granted there would be more wages).

The offer may be a loan with a buy in clause but then the player kinda needs to negotiate a deal now anyway to know what he will be signing for.

Well of course they can. He has shown tremendous pedigree before joining them. Playing more than 90 games for Real before the age of 23 and winning numerous trophys. We on the other hand are looking to get every penny back on Rhodes who has only played a handful of games in the top flight and has won nothing. He can't even get into the Scotland squad:/

That said PSG don't really need the money so might just cut their losses and sell him with a small hit.

Hi guys,

Just read the last few pages so sorry if these are bullet points or repeats.

It wasn't the Gazette that broke the news about Shay signing for us. It won't have had any impact on their relationship with the club. That said they ran that we signed Lindelof three times last Jan.

I'm told Jese is a loan deal £2 5m and 70-75k a week. Deal has been agreed with the club but player needs to decided.

The reverse is true of Bojan - personal terms are agreed but clubs apart on valuation. Think we will end up at about the £10.8 mark.

I also believe Delafoofoo has agreed terms with AC but the clubs are thashing out a deal.

Looks like AK's friends don't want to work with him : )

We are scouting Mikel Oyarzabel don't know if it's a here and now thing or one for down the road.

I think I worked it out that we have 2 spaces currently available in the 25. Think we might have a busy end to the window.

Thanks for th update from your end TB. Good to hear from you again.

Mikel Oyarzabal seems like too big a talent for us. Already a mainstay in a top-5 La Liga team and only 19 years old. Looks like a massive coup for a club like Boro and I'd imagine he would cost a lot of money. But if we stay up then who knows.

Well of course they can. He has shown tremendous pedigree before joining them. Playing more than 90 games for Real before the age of 23 and winning numerous trophys. We on the other hand are looking to get every penny back on Rhodes who has only played a handful of games in the top flight and has won nothing. He can't even get into the Scotland squad:/

That said PSG don't really need the money so might just cut their losses and sell him with a small hit.

Rhodes cost a championship team an amount and helped get that said team promoted with a decent goal ratio and hasn't played in the pl this term. I'd say his stock is where it was. Top championship player who will get goals in that league. Price hasn't gone up or down.

Jese cost a champions league club a set price (from a champions league club,a better one at that). Since joining the new club which is in a two club league, he has barely played. Hence stock has gone down. A sub at real who replaces bale every so often is worth more than a sub at PSG who replaces.......Yeah, I don't know who either.

He can't be worth as much now as 6 months ago when he was one of Europes hottest available properties imo

Hi guys,

Just read the last few pages so sorry if these are bullet points or repeats.

It wasn't the Gazette that broke the news about Shay signing for us. It won't have had any impact on their relationship with the club. That said they ran that we signed Lindelof three times last Jan.

I'm told Jese is a loan deal £2 5m and 70-75k a week. Deal has been agreed with the club but player needs to decided.

The reverse is true of Bojan - personal terms are agreed but clubs apart on valuation. Think we will end up at about the £10.8 mark.

I also believe Delafoofoo has agreed terms with AC but the clubs are thashing out a deal.

Looks like AK's friends don't want to work with him : )

We are scouting Mikel Oyarzabel don't know if it's a here and now thing or one for down the road.

I think I worked it out that we have 2 spaces currently available in the 25. Think we might have a busy end to the window.

Interestingly someone put on here that we've made an enquiry to sign a winger from Spain, could be that oyarzabel.

He looks a real player, think he something like a £40m buy out. I think we are quite active still in Spain and may just be working on the database.

We've seen that we have scouted people for 2/3 years before signing them. It will also mean there's others we have paid interest in and not signed.

I'll be interested to see what our squad is like after deadline day. When I look at our signings and who we are linked with it doesn't feel that all the recruitment team have the same ideas.

I have been thinking similarly regarding the possibility of Jese. He doesn't sound enthused by the move at all and for what it would cost over this short period of time, we would be better off looking elsewhere with that kind of money.  :-/

He looks a real player, think he something like a £40m buy out. I think we are quite active still in Spain and may just be working on the database.

We've seen that we have scouted people for 2/3 years before signing them. It will also mean there's others we have paid interest in and not signed.

I'll be interested to see what our squad is like after deadline day. When I look at our signings and who we are linked with it doesn't feel that all the recruitment team have the same ideas.

What do you mean like not the same ideas?

Also I think it could be likely we end up with Jesé and bojan, can't see las palmas ever affording Jesé wages.