• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

@Linjo I don't know. I'd be surprised as I think he'll move onto bigger and better things. I'll put feelers out in the next few days and see if I get anything. There's a bunch of Spanish scouts staying in the same hotel.

Is that about Jesé?

My thoughts on Jese were that we'd loan him with a view to buy if we stay up. I feel like we'd look like fools if we convinced him to join, payed a fortune, then got relegated because he doesn't settle.

Also, with Deulofeu, I'd imagine he'll be like Karanka in that he'll have his own list. Maybe Boro aren't number 1 on his list and AC are, but I don't think that means he'd be unhappy here if they can't agree a deal with Everton.

Sorry Linjo you replied whilst I was typing other post was about Mikel.

With regard to different directions

If you look at the people we've signed who play the same position as each other it's hard to identify similar traits:

Adama and Stuani.

De Pena, Wildshutt, Fischer.

Downing, Tomlin and Gaston.

Even Negredo, Rhodes and Nugent.

Probably the closest is our choice of left backs and Negredo and Kike. I think with those you can clearly see we have a type/model of player in mind.

For me sometimes you don't need plan b but a change in personal doing plan a. I don't think have that up top.

We seem really good at identify people who are similar across the back but up top it seems scattergun between down the line wingers, inside forwards, wide midfielders and even just advanced full backs.

Do people not find it suspicious how the gazette released an article declaring our interest in deulofeu? I mean that's not something they normally do is it?

My theory is that the club told them to publish that story to hurry decisions from other players(Jesé)/clubs(Stoke). In my opinion, we don't hold much of an interest in Gerard and we are just using his position at Everton as a negotiating tool for our actual targets.

Has anyone actually linked us with a move for deulofeu apart from the gazette? We are never mentioned in the Italian stories/Di Marzio.

If you look at the people we've signed who play the same position as each other it's hard to identify similar traits:

Adama and Stuani.

Probably the closest is our choice of left backs and Negredo and Kike. I think with those you can clearly see we have a type/model of player in mind.

For me sometimes you don't need plan b but a change in personal doing plan a. I don't think have that up top.

We seem really good at identify people who are similar across the back but up top it seems scattergun between down the line wingers, inside forwards, wide midfielders and even just advanced full backs.

My personal theory on our forward players is we go for very ambitious targets, Jesé, deulofeu and if you believe the rumours dwight Gayle and Moses in the summer of the promotion season, we hang on for them and miss out on other targets and end up being left short. Our recruitment of forwards until we got Ramirez really hasn't been that great.

And yea you can't get much more opposite than stuani and traore haha, you'd think it's karanka who's asking for the stuani/de Pena type wide players but he's just came out and said we need pace and more direct out wide and I'd imagine Jesé and deulofeu are his own choices who Would offer that pace out wide.

Adama and Stuani.

My personal theory on our forward players is we go for very ambitious targets, Jesé, deulofeu and if you believe the rumours dwight Gayle and Moses in the summer of the promotion season, we hang on for them and miss out on other targets and end up being left short. Our recruitment of forwards until we got Ramirez really hasn't been that great.

And yea you can't get much more opposite than stuani and traore haha, you'd think it's karanka who's asking for the stuani/de Pena type wide players but he's just came out and said we need pace and more direct out wide and I'd imagine Jesé and deulofeu are his own choices who Would offer that pace out wide.

I've got a bad feeling that this is going to be the case this window

:-/

Hope I'm wrong though. Can't face another Karanka interview insisting the player was first choice when he blatantly wasn't.

Adama and Stuani.

I've got a bad feeling that this is going to be the case this window

:-/

Hope I'm wrong though. Can't face another Karanka interview insisting the player was first choice when he blatantly wasn't.

Think we all have an opinion of who our first target is (probably via rumours) but these probably aren't the same as AK's. I refuse to moan about the guys we got last year as we got promoted even though I would have preferred gayle and del and bigger names.

We are always linked with huge names (jese this time) who may well not be part of the plan at all and our hopes are raised even though AK never has them in his sights. The players he gets may well be his first choices. If not, he is a GREAT manager doing what he does with second and even third choices.

Some players simply fail. It's not just us. See veron, Depay, Torres etc. And they were first choices.

I just really want a creator. We have been spoilt with juninho, emerson, and even Barmby and tuncay. We don't need a Brazilian player of the year, but a guy who will create two good chances per game will make me happy. Just someone who will get me out of my seat once in a while, whether that be a huge signing like jese or a lesser name like montero or snodgrass

Info on deulofeu from di marzio, no mention of us at all.

Milan has made their offer: A loan with option to buy. The waiting game begins, as Everton has to make their decision, in the hopes of giving Vincenzo Montella a new gift. Gerard Deulofeu is slowly getting closer to Milan, with the current hurdle being a lack of response from Everton.

The offer sent by Galliani entails 500 thousand Euros for the loan, and the option to buy set at 18 million Euros. The player himself is strongly pushing for a move to Milan, especially after rejecting other options like Ajax and Wolfsburg.

The 12 million Euro option to buy back for Barcelona is an issue that can be dealt with at a later stage, as Barcelona and Milan have good relations. At this point, the only thing missing is Everton’s approval.

Milan has made their offer: A loan with option to buy. The waiting game begins, as Everton has to make their decision, in the hopes of giving Vincenzo Montella a new gift. Gerard Deulofeu is slowly getting closer to Milan, with the current hurdle being a lack of response from Everton.

The offer sent by Galliani entails 500 thousand Euros for the loan, and the option to buy set at 18 million Euros. The player himself is strongly pushing for a move to Milan, especially after rejecting other options like Ajax and Wolfsburg.

The 12 million Euro option to buy back for Barcelona is an issue that can be dealt with at a later stage, as Barcelona and Milan have good relations. At this point, the only thing missing is Everton’s approval.

Knocked back offers from Ajax and Wolfsburg but hasn't knocked back ours if the AC Milan deal falls through maybe?

Knocked back offers from Ajax and Wolfsburg but hasn't knocked back ours if the AC Milan deal falls through maybe?

or maybe we arent interested in him