oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Let's not get our hopes up for bojan. Main reason for him signing might not be here much longer

The main reason is? I presume you mean Aitor?  :huh:

Yes

Why won't he be here? Is this just opinion or is this something you've heard?

It something I was told Friday I laughed it off. Ponce has said something tonight. Let's just say next couple of days will be interesting to be a boro fan

Can't believe gibbo has sanctioned 10-15 mill of signings only to sack AK the next week. Doesn't sound like gibbo to me

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Slightly worrying in my opinion that news of us making a bid for Snodgrass comes out immediately after a 1-3 loss..

why? Most reporters at a game

I mean I just hope we haven't rung Hull up after losing 3-1 and put a £6m bid in for him. If we have been after Snodgrass for a while I'd like to think we put the bid in a few days back at least.

Been sorting out bamford and trying for bojan this week. Makes no difference to me if we dont agree a fee for bojan or snodgrass until after Karanka has ate ravioli or halfway through pigbag next saturday, as long as we improve the squad before the window closes i dont think its particularly relevant, after what lurker has already told us it certainly cant be considered a panic buy and someone we werent after as currently he is undoubtedly better than what we have now.

Let's not get our hopes up for bojan. Main reason for him signing might not be here much longer

Yes

It something I was told Friday I laughed it off.  Ponce has said something tonight. Let's just say next couple of days will be interesting to be a boro fan

I've just looked on his Twitter now...great. There's no doubting he has some good contacts in the club so that worries me. 

Whether it's true or not, Karanka really does seem to let himself down in those respects. He's been in Champions League finals etc so you would think he'd know how to handle pressure and disagreements in changing rooms.

Id been told by a customer this morning who used to be involved with the u21s in the late 80s by a bloke he knows who is involved with the squad currently that karanka was having one of his sulks again hadnt turned in to rockcliffe for the 2 last sessions of the week, he seems very anti karanka mind so i laughed it off, dont really know what to make of it.

Yes

It something I was told Friday I laughed it off. Ponce has said something tonight. Let's just say next couple of days will be interesting to be a boro fan

Can't believe gibbo has sanctioned 10-15 mill of signings only to sack AK the next week. Doesn't sound like gibbo to me

Not sacked him. Is it no coincidence bojan deal not complete snodgrass deal not complete and delefou bid not complete.

Yes

Not sacked him. Is it no coincidence bojan deal not complete snodgrass deal not complete and delefou bid not complete.

You suggesting he might walk? That's the only way I see him leaving at this stage, don't see Gibrob getting rid. Hope it's nothing!

Would it really be THAT much of a bad thing if he went? I mean we would keep the defending the same, surely just go forward in a slightly different approach? Would it really be that bad to have a different manager come in and help us up top?

Im not saying I want Karanka to go. But performances have been poor, results are poor, and i dont really think we're exciting on the eye by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe a new face would give a different approach which could yield some better performances?

The only problem is, who would make a difference?

I don't believe the story, but just to play devil's advocate on this point, I think it would be reasonable to assume Gibbo would be happy to sanction Bamford regardless of the manager asking to sign him. 

I really hope we do sign Snodgrass, regardless of if we've panicked to do so. It basically sends Hull down and we get a reliable goalscorer in the midfield. It seems fairly risk-free to me, someone will sign him off us if (god forbid) we go down.

Would it really be THAT much of a bad thing if he went? I mean we would keep the defending the same, surely just go forward in a slightly different approach? Would it really be that bad to have a different manager come in and help us up top?

Im not saying I want Karanka to go. But performances have been poor, results are poor, and i dont really think we're exciting on the eye by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe a new face would give a different approach which could yield some better performances?

The only problem is, who would make a difference?

Boro Primorac

its like its meant to be.

You suggesting he might walk? That's the only way I see him leaving at this stage, don't see Gibrob getting rid. Hope it's nothing!

Let's just say he's done it before and this is on the same level if not worse and this time he has alienated a lot of fans with his comments.

You know what happens when managers lose their jobs at the bottom end of the table at this time of the year. The new manager (who tends to be a pulis, sam or moyes, someone of that ilk) gets no money to spend and the fans don't take to their style either and another manager is called for in the summer. The only alternative......Bring in venables to help out !!!!!! (He can speak Spanish! !)

So who is going to be the first one to say that Gestede and Bamford weren't his signings

as he doesn't like playing the long ball! ?

Bamford definitely isn't a long ball striker. It's clear as day that he is a Karanka signing. Gestede? He is a good plan B option in case you want to lump it long. But he does fit the lone striker role better than Rhodes. Whatever he is, I don't think he will have been his first choice. It doesn't scream a "Gibson signing" either, if that even exists. Not as much as Downing or Rhodes does.

Careful with jumping to conclusions based on an unofficial source, again. A) we don't know that it's true and b) if it is, we don't actually know what it means. Walking out could mean anything. He might have just got annoyed in training at something and left to cool off and left his coaches in charge which I'd say is probably normal. As for not staying with the players last night, that means nothing either does it?