• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm dying for us to go back to 4231. It's what got us to where we are and to me the three midfielders has proven to be a failure with the exception of agaisnt top teams.

I do like 4-2-3-1 as well my only qualm with it is how far the 3AM's are from our striker... either the back 4 push up the pitch and close the space between them and the 2 holding midfielders who in turn push forward 5 yards or you say to your number 10 and 2 wingers they need to stop dropping so deep so they always give us an attacking outlet

I'm not sure we've got two midfielders capable of playing as a two effectively. Also if we're determined to have the fullbacks pushing on so much I think that would cause us problems without the extra midfielder in there to try and cover for them when they do.

Interesting that we have a game transfer deadline day.... Last minute incomings and outgoings will be harder if they are in the squad as we have seen both with Rhodes and Bojan sitting on the bench sometimes.

aye man weve been discussing it this week, very strange to put games on, dont like getting off the setee deadline day.

Why can't all our players just have the attitude and personality of George Friend

It's almost like they're different people with different personalities.

Can i join the 4-2-3-1 club?

I think we need to and we need to reset the back 4.

We need Fabio RB and chambers in the centre. espinosa belongs on the bench.

From what I've seen on here, people seem to like Fabio. I don't really think he's that good. He's not bad, but I think he's more of a back up than first choice. I know it's unlikely, but I'd like to see Chambers play RB more with Ayala coming back into the centre.

From what I've seen on here, people seem to like Fabio. I don't really think he's that good. He's not bad, but I think he's more of a back up than first choice. I know it's unlikely, but I'd like to see Chambers play RB more with Ayala coming back into the centre.

I'm with you there. A lot of the love for Fabio comes from how enthusiastic and mobile he is. He get's up and down the line all game long. But I don't think he's that good technically or defensively myself. What you described is my dream scenario. Chambers showed yesterday that he can do a good job at full back in an attacking sense as well as his obvious defensive attributes and Ayala is the love of my life and needs brought back in from the cold!

I'm with you there. A lot of the love for Fabio comes from how enthusiastic and mobile he is. He get's up and down the line all game long. But I don't think he's that good technically or defensively myself. What you described is my dream scenario. Chambers showed yesterday that he can do a good job at full back in an attacking sense as well as his obvious defensive attributes and Ayala is the love of my life and needs brought back in from the cold!

Chambers has had .. 2 or 3 games playing as RB? This was the first game he played it well, at least in my opinion. Chambers supposedly only played RB to make up for the lack of aerial presence that is Fabio.

I totally agree that we need to go back to 4-2-3-1!

Karanka tried making us more solid in midfield with the 3 but it hasn't achieved us anything since he implemented that system... it's just made our offensive performances worse!

I know Barragan has his critics but I must say he's a nailed on starter at RB when fit, you could argue fabio to start over friend...

Once he gets another wideman in I think you will the formation change back to normal...

Clayton and de-roon sitting infront of back 4 is enough protection.

Hope to see Bojan come in Aslong as ramirez stays, if he doesn't then we must buy bojan and 1 other...

Going to be interesting week or so