• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I'd leave Forshaw out of the team for Downing if we're continuing with 3 in the middle, and leave him out for an attacking player if we're going back to 3 behind the striker. His displays were eye catching earlier in the season, but he doesn't offer enough going forward, or isn't as defensively solid as Clayton, De Roon or Leadbitter either. I just don't feel like he's currently bringing a lot to the party, and think Downing would have much more joy in that role.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I'd leave Forshaw out of the team for Downing if we're continuing with 3 in the middle, and leave him out for an attacking player if we're going back to 3 behind the striker. His displays were eye catching earlier in the season, but he doesn't offer enough going forward, or isn't as defensively solid as Clayton, De Roon or Leadbitter either. I just don't feel like he's currently bringing a lot to the party, and think Downing would have much more joy in that role.

I don't know if it's tactics or situational but his presence and affect in an attacking sense generally seem to have been on a downward slope for a little while

It's a fair comment and I agreed with your opinion on Friend on twitter too. De Roon has really come into his own and is currently first choice CM for me.

Sheff Wed offering 8mil + add ons according to Alan Nixon

I'd take that, if true, take the loss and write it off as the price of getting us promotion. We can use that kind of money right now to strengthen them squad.

I know we'd like our money back, but it's looking increasingly likely that clubs won't just offer 10+ million for Rhodes and we may have to take a small hit. If Wednesday have indeed bid 8 million + add ons I'm sure we can reach a compromise at around 9 million + some add ons. If we need the money to bring in our own players we can't keep holding it off. We obviously shouldn't just cave in but the lad has no future here and another 6 months in the stands is going to cost around 1 million in wages alone.

It's a fair comment and I agreed with your opinion on Friend on twitter too. De Roon has really come into his own and is currently first choice CM for me.

Agreed here too, in fact I said on here yesterday that if I were to replace any of the midfielders at the moment it'd be Forshaw. Clayton is doing his job and doing it reasonably well, De Roons pressing from that kind of number 10 position is really good and often forces mistakes from teams. Forshaw is a bit too neat and tidy for me at the moment, yes he has fantastic passing accuracy and makes a lot of them but how many actually create a chance or even put us in a good position to make a chance?

Agreed here too, in fact I said on here yesterday that if I were to replace any of the midfielders at the moment it'd be Forshaw. Clayton is doing his job and doing it reasonably well, De Roons pressing from that kind of number 10 position is really good and often forces mistakes from teams. Forshaw is a bit too neat and tidy for me at the moment, yes he has fantastic passing accuracy and makes a lot of them but how many actually create a chance or even put us in a good position to make a chance?

I'm inclined to agree. Forshaw has been one of our best performers this season up until the last few games, where I feel he's failing to impress as much. It may be down to the way we're playing but I think it's time for a rest of Forshaw. The problem is we've only got like for like. The only player to replace him, in the current formation, is Leadbitter who isn't up to much more than Forshaw either.

For those players to be successful in that midfield they need both movement in front of them (while most of our forwards are static) and players willing to come and take the ball off them and carry further. Let's hope we get some of that in this transfer window!

I'd take that, if true, take the loss and write it off as the price of getting us promotion. We can use that kind of money right now to strengthen them squad.

I'd keep hold of him, we'll need him next season with the way things are going. Just loan him out until the end of the season.

I'd keep hold of him, we'll need him next season with the way things are going. Just loan him out until the end of the season.

What if doing that means we can't get one of the players our manager wants? You know, to try and keep us up this season?

Don't think this is necessarily true anyways. I think I'd have Bamford/Gestede starting ahead of him in the championship.

I know we'd like our money back, but it's looking increasingly likely that clubs won't just offer 10+ million for Rhodes and we may have to take a small hit. If Wednesday have indeed bid 8 million + add ons I'm sure we can reach a compromise at around 9 million + some add ons. If we need the money to bring in our own players we can't keep holding it off. We obviously shouldn't just cave in but the lad has no future here and another 6 months in the stands is going to cost around 1 million in wages alone.

The bids do seem to be creeping up though, 6m + add ons from Villa last week now 8m + add ons.  This time next week they might be offering 10m.