• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to get a little bit concerned that were going to be going in to the 2nd half of the season with very little creative talent, and only 2 new signings. I really hope we pull something off but it's isn't looking to positive for us at this moment.

To be fair, we have no idea what is going on, so why be concerned?

It's the lack of names or development in the press be it the local rag or national ones. It wouldnt surprise me if a complete surprise signing pops up, but im just concerned if the silence translated in to no more signings. Although it could just be my impatience shining through :D

The real question is how much of an effect will the past few days of speculation have on players deciding to join us or not? From an outsiders perspective, we've got a manager who allegedly spits his dummy out and walks out when the going gets tough, fans who put too much pressure on the players, unhappy players who want to leave, players in the squad who have been treated really badly and what seems like a manager on his last legs. I say all of this allegedly because most of it is hearsay but has caused enough media traffic to see any potential signing question whether this is a place to be right now.

If Bojan is interested in coming to play for Karanka and then reads that Karanka may be on his way out, who would blame him for having second thoughts?

There hasn't been much coming out of the club to show any signs of unity and for me it needs to be quickly nipped in the bud and faith in Karanka being here for the long term restored.

The real question is how much of an effect will the past few days of speculation have on players deciding to join us or not? From an outsiders perspective, we've got a manager who allegedly spits his dummy out and walks out when the going gets tough, fans who put too much pressure on the players, unhappy players who want to leave, players in the squad who have been treated really badly and what seems like a manager on his last legs. I say all of this allegedly because most of it is hearsay but has caused enough media traffic to see any potential signing question whether this is a place to be right now.

If Bojan is interested in coming to play for Karanka and then reads that Karanka may be on his way out, who would blame him for having second thoughts?

There hasn't been much coming out of the club to show any signs of unity and for me it needs to be quickly nipped in the bud and faith in Karanka being here for the long term restored.

The last thing we need is the club to make any statement in support of the manager, because then everyone will think he is definitely on the way out.

But nothing happened, the only speculation came from fans and Richard Keys. 

Nothing was said from the press, agents and players will know that nothing happened and that's what matters.

The last thing we need is the club to make any statement in support of the manager, because then everyone will think he is definitely on the way out.

Haha, true. Then we're obviously in trouble!! Damned if we do, damned if we don't. Let's hope the majority of these players don't read social media. Maybe Jese is the most obvious since he doesn't speak English anyway!  ;)

I think you have to remember that we, as Boro fans (and internet Boro fans at that), live in a bit of a cocoon. To the rest of the football fraternity this "incident" really won't have made big waves. I can't see it having any effect whatsoever on potential signings.

I think you have to remember that we, as Boro, live in a bit of a cocoon. To the rest of the football fraternity this "incident" really won't have made big waves. I can't see it having any effect whatsoever on potential signings.

ive got mates with season tickets that dont frequent oneboro and they didnt even view last night as an issue worth discussing, more so richard keys saying love me, look at me, i still talk about football, providing snodgrass and bojan havent made sneaky accounts on here and seen how unstable we all are we should still have a chance.

Would anyone swap Downing for Townsend? I'd take him even if it is just to *** off the Mags.

Despite him being a relatively poor winger I think I would as right now I would take most players that AK would actually use instead of the likes of Downing and Rhodes. That said there are plenty of other players that I'd rather have than Townsend. But that's besides the point as I can't see us being interested in Townsend and Downing has said he wants to stay.

Would anyone swap Downing for Townsend? I'd take him even if it is just to *** off the Mags.

Isn't this like the fourth time you've mentioned Townsend? It's still no. He's awful. And I honestly don't care about Newcastle enough to want to *** then off.

He's also lazy defensively, definitely not a Karanka player. Traore is different, he's young enough to be moulded.

Frankly, I’ll be very relieved when this transfer window is shut and we can just get back to the football.

It would be nice to have a couple of good attacking midfielders but I’m sure we can actually do without them right now.

I hate the January transfer window because, quite honestly, it just disrupts and unsettles the squad. It also unsettles the fans. And the manager, for that matter.

I’m sick and tired of reading through these posts where so many people seem polarized in their thinking: pro-Karanka/anti-Karanka, optimist/pessimist, cup half empty/cup half full, etc.

We are where we are. Get a grip and move on, both as a team and as fans. Adding more players is only going to make it harder (and longer) for new players to slot in. This is not Football Manager.