oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Is Jese actually any good? I genuinely have no idea whatsoever. I assume he's been at Real Madrid and PSG for a reason but he doesn't seem to have flourished at either club.

Think his record at Real speaks for itself. 93 games, 18 goals and 16 assists. At Castilla it was 39 games, 22 goals and 12 assists. All mainly from LW. All before the age of 23. Considering the competition it is highly likely that a lot of the games at Real were not starters, but the games I've seen he looked like someone always willing to run at the opposition and get into the box.

If you actually go game by game it's not quite as impressive at it looks.  He's played in games against weaker opposition, off the bench in games Real Madrid won comfortably.  I've said this a few times now, about both him and Bojan - you've got to be careful with these players from Barca and Real Madrid who look like world beaters playing in their dominant sides as bit part players but they sometimes don't seem to be able to reach those heights playing elsewhere.  People raved about Bojan, now he's at Stoke and isn't a regular there. He looks decent sometimes but not a world beater.  PSG realise they've made a mistake with the Jese signing and they want rid of him, that doesn't mean he can't be a decent player for us because let's face it they are looking for better players than we are but it's something to be mindful of I reckon.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Jese actually any good? I genuinely have no idea whatsoever. I assume he's been at Real Madrid and PSG for a reason but he doesn't seem to have flourished at either club.

Think his record at Real speaks for itself. 93 games, 18 goals and 16 assists. At Castilla it was 39 games, 22 goals and 12 assists. All mainly from LW. All before the age of 23. Considering the competition it is highly likely that a lot of the games at Real were not starters, but the games I've seen he looked like someone always willing to run at the opposition and get into the box.

Not only will they not be starts but I bet a lot came when they were already 3, 4, 5 nil up and cruising, right?

Quite right I've looked up his stats, here's a link..

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/106028/History/Jes

See and this is something I was talking about with a mate, I wanted Snoddy over Jese or deulofeu not because of talent but because I thought he would fit in to our style and be the right mentality for a relegation fight. Like you say it's easy doing it when you 3-0 up

If you actually go game by game it's not quite as impressive at it looks.  He's played in games against weaker opposition, off the bench in games Real Madrid won comfortably.  I've said this a few times now, about both him and Bojan - you've got to be careful with these players from Barca and Real Madrid who look like world beaters playing in their dominant sides as bit part players but they sometimes don't seem to be able to reach those heights playing elsewhere.  People raved about Bojan, now he's at Stoke and isn't a regular there. He looks decent sometimes but not a world beater.  PSG realise they've made a mistake with the Jese signing and they want rid of him, that doesn't mean he can't be a decent player for us because let's face it they are looking for better players than we are but it's something to be mindful of I reckon.

I understand what you are saying and I completely agree. However, a young player that has been in and around Real Madrids first team for a few years and also played in the CL is bound to have some sort ablity that should be good enough for a smaller club towards the bottom of the league. He wouldn't have featured in so many games unless he offered the team something. If he wasn't good enough they would have gotten rid soon. Instead they got 25 million for him. Bottom of the line he looks a lot better than both Fischer and Downing who are our other two left wingers. 

That said I think I'd still rather have Snodgrass as he can slot right in and has already shown you what you are going to get.

I also have no idea of his talents. Everyone seems really excited by him but then I don't watch that much football outside of England. All I know is he's unsettled away from home at PSG and can't see why that would be entirely different here. Never mind whether he's good enough when his head IS in the game.

I wasn't really that fussed about Bojan when the link first appeared, mainly as I thought he mustn't be as good as the initial hype if he wasn't getting a game for Stoke and they were looking rid.

But the more I read/hear from Stoke fans, the more I want him. Just started a new job and I'm sitting beside a Stoke season ticket holder. Asked him today what he thought of Bojan and he raved on about how good he is for about 20 minutes. He said he is a class above the rest of their team and he can't believe Hughes is willing to let him go. He said that his only fault is that he sometimes goes missing against the top teams, but to me that seems pretty normal for a player in the role he plays for the team i.e. if he isn't getting much of the ball, he is going to go missing.

Bojan and either Snodgrass or Jese and I will be delighted, as long as we keep Ramirez obviously.