• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we just clinging on and getting excited about any name remotely linked with us?

Like others know little or next to nothing about the lad but all of a sudden he is being propelled into the next best thing since sliced bread.

I admit I am more in favour of the lad from Wolves and I hope there is some mileage in it

Are we just clinging on and getting excited about any name remotely linked with us?

Like others know little or next to nothing about the lad but all of a sudden he is being propelled into the next best thing since sliced bread.

I admit I am more in favour of the lad from Wolves and I hope there is some mileage in it

A bit harsh, considering:

He has played for Real Madrid 63 times

PSG spent €25m on him

He's played for Spain at every level up to U21

I know the last year has been a bit of a disaster for him, but he's a hell of a talent and is only the same age as Ben Gibson.

Also, I'd hardly say he's been 'remotely linked to us'. There's been a pretty steady series of articles across the last month, and the Gazette have said he's on our list.

A bit harsh, considering:

He has played for Real Madrid 63 times

PSG spent €25m on him

He's played for Spain at every level up to U21

I know the last year has been a bit of a disaster for him, but he's a hell of a talent and is only the same age as Ben Gibson.

Also, I'd hardly say he's been 'remotely linked to us'. There's been a pretty steady series of articles across the last month, and the Gazette have said he's on our list.

He's played 93 times for Ream Madrid in all competitions. And that's for one of the best teams in the world.

Well that's me told and certainly put into my place!!!

You know what I mean though, lack of news in both in and out-goings makes us feel a little bit more frantic!

BB was right about De Pena it was terrific entertainment whilst it lasted, following a plane over the Atlantic and landing at Heathrow but boy what a let down!

Well that's me told and certainly put into my place!!!

You know what I mean though, lack of news in both in and out-goings makes us feel a little bit more frantic!

BB was right about De Pena it was terrific entertainment whilst it lasted, following a plane over the Atlantic and landing at Heathrow but boy what a let down!

And he nearly killed his own mother in the process!

:D

PSG spent €25m and now want rid of him. If you're going to use the first bit of that it's only right to use the second bit. Lots of players come through at clubs but don't end up making it there or actually at that level. How many times did David Wheater play for us in the Premier League? Is he a Premier League calibre player?

PSG spent €25m and now want rid of him.  If you're going to use the first bit of that it's only right to use the second bit.  Lots of players come through at clubs but don't end up making it there or actually at that level.  How many times did David Wheater play for us in the Premier League?  Is he a Premier League calibre player?

They have an amazing squad. Still one of the best teams in the world. It's no embarrassment that they don't want/need him. 

All the noise coming out is that he is un-settled. wonder what he can do if we can settle him?

PSG spent €25m and now want rid of him.  If you're going to use the first bit of that it's only right to use the second bit.  Lots of players come through at clubs but don't end up making it there or actually at that level.  How many times did David Wheater play for us in the Premier League?  Is he a Premier League calibre player?

Fair enough, just don't see the point in writing off a young player early in his career.

PSG spent €25m and now want rid of him. If you're going to use the first bit of that it's only right to use the second bit. Lots of players come through at clubs but don't end up making it there or actually at that level. How many times did David Wheater play for us in the Premier League? Is he a Premier League calibre player?

You can hardly compare playing for Boro to playing for Real Madrid. And Juventus sold Henry after only 6 months as he didn't fit in there. That said you do have a point that it's seldom positive that a club wants to offload a player so quickly. Could it have something to do with PSG changing manager in the summer.

I'm not writing him off either just trying to add some balance.

We do have a tendency to massively overhype.

Don't forget, Jelle Vossen and Scott McDonald have champions league experience.