oneBoro Forum

January 2017 Transfer Window

Looks like we're missing out on Snodgrass.

BREAKING NEWS

Robert Snodgrass will meet West Ham tomorrow to discuss personal terms and have a medical.

Snodgrass has chosen West Ham over Burnley after both clubs had £10m bids accepted by Hull.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

He probably would have came to us if we had a few more points on the board.

We are too close to Hull in the table for them to accept our offer, would have been insanity on their part!

Think we'll still end up with 2 attacking midfielders. Jesé and one other. Any alternative suggestions if Bojan does not materialise? That one seems to have gone quiet.

We could still be in for this wolves player for all we know.

If snodgrass was as keen to come as lurker says then I have to wonder how much we actually wanted him anyway. I think bojan and Jesé have always been the top targets.

What happened to the bloke who started the season last year with Swansea like a house on fire. Think it was montero. Also what about the ayew guy that played for them too. Are they still there?

Also, if snodgrass does go to west ham, that would free up the money we were expected to spend on him so could the bojan deal become a permanent which would potentially push it over the line. I get that he would prefer a loan but it would be beneficial to him potentially as we could give him a pay rise

What happened to the bloke who started the season last year with Swansea like a house on fire. Think it was montero. Also what about the ayew guy that played for them too. Are they still there??

Montero is still there. Clement will use him, I think. Ayew is at West Ham now, just back from injury.

We could still be in for this wolves player for all we know.

If snodgrass was as keen to come as lurker says then I have to wonder how much we actually wanted him anyway. I think bojan and Jesé have always been the top targets.

Our bid wasn't accepted by all accounts. Therefore I don't think it even got to the stage of him having us as an option

I've been watching Jese's Youtube clips and it seems that a lot of his goals and assists have come from the left wing cutting infield so looks like he can be effective at LW. That would make him a far more preferable option to someone like Snodgrass who's best at RW - an area that we already have plenty of options. I think it's a fair assumption to make that Karanka wants Jese far more than Snodgrass so if we get Jese then missing out on Snodgrass won't be that much of a blow.